Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2008 auto TSX CGP
555 Posts
There could be a few different things going on but much more information is needed. Can you pull the trouble codes? If you aren't sure how to then take it to a repair shop so that they can properly assess it or have someone that is more knowledgeable assist you.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks both. Took the car to O'Reilly and they said no trouble codes. I asked what he thought it could be if I felt drag and he said may be the catalytic converter is gone or has a hole in it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There could be a few different things going on but much more information is needed. Can you pull the trouble codes? If you aren't sure how to then take it to a repair shop so that they can properly assess it or have someone that is more knowledgeable assist you.
Took the car to O'Reilly and they said no trouble codes. I asked what he thought it could be if I felt drag and he said may be the catalytic converter is gone or has a hole in it. Thoughts?

·
Registered
463 Posts
A cat issue would trigger an engine code. Would also have no bearing on transmission shifting.

What's the mileage? Any documentation of a transmission fluid change during the car's life?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A cat issue would trigger an engine code. Would also have no bearing on transmission shifting.

What's the mileage? Any documentation of a transmission fluid change during the car's life?
225,000 miles. Transmission fluid likely not changed anytime recently. Is that the 1st place to consider ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts