Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i dropped off my TSX at a dealrship today to get some work done on my ride, they gave me a 2011 Accord Sedan loaner, while i was driving i noticed few parts looked awfully similar to the TSX, first thought "hmm maybe i can swipe and exchange few clips and thingies", upon closer inspection it turned out that the clips i was interested in were actually molded directly into the plastic, and the plastic was molded to look like the textured material on our pillar garnish, the clips i speak of are the pillar "AIRBAG" clips that i wanted to swipe, anyhow since they were actually part of the whole pilar garnish and not removable that idea went out the window really quick. So i started looking around at what else is similar, thats when i noticed the rear seat. it turns out that the accord sedan rear seat is 1 piece but looks very close to our TSX rear seat with the center seat fold out etc etc, so i fold out the center seat console and there it was, that thingamajiggy that i dont know what to call. It looks interesting and i think it could be a possible mod for our TSX's if anyone would be interested in doing a mod like that. I found it quite pleasing and am considering locating the part and attempting to modify my spare rear seat, anyway here is the pic of this thingamajiggy which i do not know the name of....

front view

front view with open door thingy into the trunk

rear of the seat ( seems to be held in by 2 screws and possibly clips )

what do you guys think ? could be usefull if you have subs in the trunk and you want them to have more breathing room/ want to hear more boom without letting everyone know you have sub in your trunk ? i think it could have a potential for a usefull / cool / unusual mod...
~De5

·
ReD + Devil
352 Posts
The 2011 accord seat does fold down except it's all one piece, does anyone know the technical name for the cubby hole thingamajiggy by any chance ?
Really? Want to measure the distance across the rear seat at the base and top of the back support part? Would love to swap the hinges/seat to my tl, I hate that it doesnt fold at all.

·
Registered
720 Posts
i thought it was a safe looking at the first picture!

the thing that annoys me with the tsx is when the rear seats are folded down you have the two slanting side things so you can only put something about 800mm wide in the boot, stupid design!

·
Registered
832 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really? Want to measure the distance across the rear seat at the base and top of the back support part? Would love to swap the hinges/seat to my tl, I hate that it doesnt fold at all.
Yeah , ill measure the seat and take pics for you , from what i know the TL rear seat is wider than the TSX seat , this accord seems to look exactly the same as the TSX seat but we wont know untill i get the measurements :)

~De5

1 - 10 of 10 Posts