·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Date: June 24, 2010 12:24
Submitted by: Jeff
Source: Honda Press Release
Credibility Rating: Not Specified

EPA fuel economy goes up to 23/34 city/highway mpg (+2/+3) on some models; more features and a new Accord SE Sedan model to debut

06/24/2010 - TORRANCE, Calif. -

Set to go on sale in mid-August, the 2011 Honda Accord Sedan and Coupe receive significant updates including improved fuel economy, enhanced exterior and interior styling and the addition of a new leather-equipped Special Edition (SE) trim level. Available as either a sedan or a coupe in 4-cylinder and V-6 variations, the Accord offers a unique balance of style, performance, efficiency and value specific to each individual model.

"For 2011, the Accord evolves again with sharpened styling inside and out, fuel economy gains and a broader application of popular features," said Erik Berkman, vice president of Corporate Planning and Logistics for American Honda Motor Co., Inc. "The Accord is designed to deliver a consistently rewarding ownership experience in the areas that matter most to sedan and coupe drivers."

Improvements to vehicle aerodynamics, engine friction and transmission gear ratios all contribute to fuel economy improvements. The EPA fuel-economy ratings1 for Accord 4-cylinder sedan models equipped with an automatic transmission improve by 2 miles per gallon (mpg) in the city and 3 mpg on the highway, for a city/highway rating of 23/34 mpg.

The 2011 Accord Sedan's exterior expresses a more upscale and powerful presence with a new style for the front grille, front bumper and rear deck lid, along with a new wheel design.

Building on the sedan's design character, the Accord Coupe's unique muscular stance is enhanced with a bolder front grille design, new front bumper shape, enhanced brakelight appearance and a new wheel design for V-6 models.

Striking a balance between value and luxury, the Accord SE Sedan offers the additional features from the popular Accord LX-P with the added luxury of leather-trimmed seating, heated seats, driver's power-lumbar support and a leather-trimmed steering wheel.

New features on certain models include steering wheel-mounted paddle shifters on the Accord EX-L V-6 Coupe, a USB Audio Interface on all coupe models and Accord EX and EX-L Sedans, and a rear view camera on sedans equipped with the available Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation2 System™. Additionally, Accord EX-L V-6 models receive a two-position memory system for the driver's seat. Additional interior updates on all models include new seat fabrics on models with cloth seats, an updated instrument panel design and more-refined accent points throughout the interior.

Interior styling on all models provides attainable luxury with generous standard equipment, world-class ergonomics and intuitive vehicle controls. The front seats are designed to provide generous lateral support and to complement the Accord's sporty side. The fold-down, rear seatback offers cargo-carrying versatility and also includes a lockable pass-through for long items like snow skis.

New for 2011, the most frequently used climate-control buttons are now positioned on the left side of the control stack, closer to the driver for ease-of-use, and less-frequently used buttons are now positioned on the right side. Vehicle clock adjustment is also made easier by more prominent control lettering.

A 190-horsepower, 2.4-liter, 16-valve DOHC i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine is standard in the Accord EX and EX-L Sedans and Accord LX-S, EX and EX-L Coupes. The 2.4-liter i-VTEC four-cylinder engine in the Accord LX, LX-P and SE Sedans produces 177 horsepower.

The available 3.5-liter, 24-valve SOHC i-VTEC® V-6 engine produces 271-horsepower and takes advantage of Variable Cylinder Management™ (VCM®) technology that can deactivate up to half of the cylinders while cruising to improve fuel economy. Preliminary EPA fuel-economy ratings3 for the 2011 Accord V-6 Sedan are 19 city/30 highway mpg, an improvement of 1 mpg in highway driving.

The performance-oriented Accord EX-L V-6 Coupe with the 6-speed manual transmission has a unique 3.5-liter V-6 VTEC engine (without VCM) that provides a performance-tuned valvetrain, intake and exhaust system to broaden the torque curve in the low- to mid-rpm range for enthusiast-level performance.

A 5-speed manual transmission is standard on 4-cylinder models and a 5-speed automatic is available. A 5-speed automatic transmission is standard on V-6-powered models. A 6-speed manual transmission is available exclusively on the Accord EX-L V-6 Coupe.

For safety, the Advanced Compatibility Engineering™ (ACE®) is an exclusive body design that enhances occupant protection and crash compatibility in frontal crashes. The ACE™ design utilizes a network of connected structural elements to distribute crash energy more evenly throughout the front of the vehicle. This enhanced frontal crash energy management helps to reduce the forces transferred to the passenger compartment.

The double-wishbone front and multi-link rear suspension inspire confident handling performance while also providing a comfortable ride. The 2011 Accord Sedan comes standard with 16-inch steel wheels with wheel covers, or 16- or 17-inch alloy wheels depending on the model.

Three audio systems are available – all with MP3/Windows Media® Audio (WMA) playback capability and an auxiliary input jack. The standard system provides a single-disc CD player, six speakers and 160 watts of power. Radio Data System (RDS) displays information broadcast by participating FM radio stations that often includes call letters, station type (searchable by genre) and programming information. Steering wheel-mounted audio controls come standard on every Accord. The Accord EX Sedan and LX-S Coupe add a 6-disc in-dash changer.

A premium 270-watt audio system comes standard on Accord EX Coupe and Accord EX-L Sedan models, and includes a six-disc CD changer and seven speakers including an 8-inch subwoofer. XM Radio® is standard equipment on all Accord EX-L models.

The Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System (available on Accord EX-L) uses an 8-inch screen and an interface dial for user input. Features include the Zagat Survey® guide for restaurants, nightlife, hotels and attractions. Accord EX and EX-L Coupe and Accord EX-L Sedan models include Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink® as standard equipment for connecting wirelessly with compatible mobile phones.

The Accord Coupe (4-cylinder) has 17-inch alloy wheels as standard equipment, with 18-inch alloys standard on the Accord V-6 Coupe. All Accords feature four-wheel disc brakes.

Currently more than 95 percent of the Accords sold in the United States are produced4 at Honda of America Manufacturing Inc.'s Marysville Auto Plant in Marysville, Ohio, and at Honda Manufacturing of Alabama, LLC, in Lincoln, Alabama. The Marysville plant is the sole global source of the Accord Coupe.

1 Based on 2011 EPA mileage estimates. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.

2 Certain functions that rely on a satellite signal will not work correctly in Hawaii and Alaska. These functions include but are not limited to automatic clock updates and time zone adjustments.

3 Preliminary mileage estimates determined by Honda. Final EPA mileage estimates not available at the time of printing. Use for comparison purposes only. Do not compare to models before 2008. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you drive and maintain your vehicle.

4 Honda products are produced using domestic and globally-sourced parts.

Third-party trademarks: The Bluetooth word mark and logos are owned by the Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks by Honda Motor Co., Ltd., is under license. Zagat Survey® is a registered trademark of Zagat Survey, LLC.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
interesting w/ the sedan trunk, isn't that the JDM design w/ the lights on the actual lid? i always thought that looked much better than the USDM version.

not a fan of the new grilles at all. the original ones looked a lot more aggressive imo.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
what the hell is "power-lumbar support" ? ? Massage chair?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Lumbar

what the hell is "power-lumbar support" ? ? Massage chair?
On the current Accord, & most cars, there is a lever/knob on the side of the chair that you use to manually adjust the lumbar support ... my guess now is that it is just a button like all the other power features on the seat.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Inspire

interesting w/ the sedan trunk, isn't that the JDM design w/ the lights on the actual lid? i always thought that looked much better than the USDM version.

not a fan of the new grilles at all. the original ones looked a lot more aggressive imo.
Yes, that is the Honda Inspire sedan's tail lights ... it does like the red strips were just tacked on as an afterthought but that pretty much is what MMC are for the most part ...

I like the current grilles better too ... they looked more classy/upscale whereas these look more aggressive/sporty. This aftermarket grille is especially nice tho:

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
looks nice? ... look like a truck.

I guess that's how Honda wanna push more sales to Acura.. by making Honda's lineup uglier.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
there is some tunnel vision with design i feel from the japanese names. i mean, look at the maxima, accord or the lancer. they all have that snout with kind of the flat/boxy front now.

i just don't like how honda throws on faux chrome trim during MMC's. they've done that with the civcs in the past too while changing up the grille, and it doesn't look that great. and they've done it again with the accord. hey, let's make our flagship sedan look more like the design atrocity that's named the crosstour.

after looking at more pics last night, the tail lamps look horrendous on the coupe. why are they jutting out like that?

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Snouts

there is some tunnel vision with design i feel from the japanese names. i mean, look at the maxima, accord or the lancer. they all have that snout with kind of the flat/boxy front now.
If memory serves,this was done bc of European regulations on pedestrian safety.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Europe

Sure enough, I am reading the new review of the CR-Z on Edmunds Inside Line & here is what it says:
Cuts Like a Butter Knife
In profile the 2011 Honda CR-Z has a nearly flat tail and a steeply raked windshield that leads to a blunt nose. It looks like a knife all right, but one that's used for spreading butter and jam over an English muffin. Not the sort of sharp blade that one takes to a knife fight. It might be that the new regulations for pedestrian protection in Europe will mean that all cars sold there (like the CR-Z) are doomed to have high, flat hoods like that of the CR-Z (take a look at the new BMW 5 Series, too).

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CrashTests

Honda Motor Co.’s Accord received the best possible safety rating among 2011 model-year passenger cars tested for crashes under new U.S. evaluation standards, edging ahead of Toyota Motor Corp. and Hyundai Motor Co. sedans.

The mid-size Accord, Honda’s top-selling U.S. model, got an overall 5-star rating, according to results posted on the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration’s website.

Of 40 models tested so far, 6 rated 5 stars overall. Accord is the 1st to get 5 stars in each of 3 crash categories tested by NHTSA.

Transportation Secretary Ray LaHood said last month that the ratings are aimed at boosting overall safety and ensuring the results more accurately reflect the crashworthiness of new cars and light trucks. Changes include the use of female crash- test dummies for the 1st time, along with male versions, to collect data about injuries to the chest, head, neck and legs.

The 2011 Accord sedan received 5 stars on side and frontal crashes and rollovers, according to NHTSA.

Hyundai’s Sonata, with an overall 5-star rating, scored the top score on side-crashes and rollovers and 4 stars in frontal crashes, NHTSA said last month. Toyota’s Camry, the best-selling U.S. passenger car, rated 3 stars overall, earning 3 stars for side and frontal crashes and 4 stars for rollovers.

The agency continues to test 2011 model-year cars and trucks and is adding the results as they are complete. The results are available at Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).

To contact the reporters on this story: Alan Ohnsman in Los Angeles at [email protected]; Angela Greiling Keane in Washington at [email protected]

To contact the editor responsible for this story: Kae Inoue at [email protected]

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Still a Winner

Honda Accord is Still a Winner
By ANN M. JOB, For The Associated Press Ann M. Job, For The Associated Press – Wed Jan 5, 12:50 pm ET​

Even in troubled economic times, the long-running Honda Accord remains the second best-selling car in the United States. And no wonder it stays popular.

The Accord sedan is a recommended buy of Consumer Reports magazine and earned top scores recently in newly revised, tougher crash testing by the federal government. With refreshed styling, the 2011 Accord gets better gasoline mileage than its 2010 predecessor, too.

The new federal government fuel economy estimates of 23 miles per gallon in city driving and 34 mpg on the highway for the 2011 Accord sedan with 4-cylinder engine, for example, are the best of all large, 2011-model sedans except for the 2011 Hyundai Sonata with 4-cylinder engine.

One of Honda's best-known nameplates, the Accord has a higher starting retail price this model year. Starting manufacturer's suggested retail price, including destination charge, is $21,930 for a base, 2011 Accord sedan with 177-horsepower 4 cylinder and manual transmission. The lowest-priced Accord sedan with automatic has a starting MSRP, including destination charge, of $22,730.

Accords also are sold as coupes, with a starting retail price of $23,530 with a 190-horsepower 4 cylinder. The higher-powered, 190-horse 4 cylinder is offered in the sedan, too, and a 271-horsepower V-6 is available in both the Accord sedan and coupe.

Competitors include the 2011 Hyundai Sonata, which has a starting retail price of $19,195 with 198-horsepower, 4-cylinder engine and manual transmission. The starting retail price is $20,915 with automatic transmission.

Another competitor is the 2011 Toyota Camry, which starts at $19,962 for a base model with 169-horsepower 4 cylinder and manual transmission. A base Camry with automatic starts at $20,884. But note the Camry is classified by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency as a mid-size car, not a large car like the Accord. EPA bases the size on interior volume of the auto.

For decades, the Accord and Camry have been rivals bidding to be America's best-selling cars.

In 2010, the Camry beat out the Accord again to claim the top-selling-car crown, but Camry sales declined last year from their 2009 levels, while Accord car sales increased to 282,530.

An additional, recent model — the Accord Crosstour — is more of a tall, 5-door wagon in the style of today's crossover sport utility vehicles. But it added another 28,000 sales in calendar 2010 on top of the 282,530.

The test Accord, a 2011 SE Special Edition sedan that included luxury appointments like leather-trimmed seats, heated front seats, driver's seat two-way power lumbar and leather-wrapped steering wheel, was roomy, comfortable for both front and back seat passengers and nimble in its handling.

It looked pleasant, too, with new grille, front bumper and trunk lid. But it wasn't as jazzy-looking as the 2-door Accord coupe or some newer competing sedans, like the Sonata.

Still, it's difficult not to admire the Accord's base, 2.4-liter, double overhead cam 4 cylinder with Honda's variable valve system mated to a 5-speed automatic transmission. The powerplant delivered smooth, capable power that was surprising for moving the lengthy sedan along without stress.

The 16.2-foot-long Accord sedan is 3 inches longer than the Sonata and 5 inches longer than the Camry. It's wider than these major competitors, too.

But in a sign of Honda's careful attention to weight, the Accord sedan's weight of 3,279 pounds was just about the same as a comparable Sonata's and a bit less than a comparable Camry's. As a result, the test Accord sedan responded readily when I pressed the accelerator pedal, and I merged into traffic without hesitation.

The Accord's 161 foot-pounds of torque at 4,300 rpm isn't exactly sporting, but it comes on steadily and deliberately to power this large sedan nicely on the roads.

I noticed shift points now and then, and I heard the engine under hard acceleration. But the overall power delivery was fine, especially considering that the gasoline gauge didn't move very much. I managed to get more than 23 mpg on the test drive, which involved 70% city driving.

The Accord sedan wound through mountain curves with poise that I didn't expect for such a large car. The double wishbone front suspension and rear multi-link suspension didn't mask road imperfections, however, as passengers readily felt road vibrations, even as tires passed over manhole covers. I didn't notice much wind noise, but I heard some road noise in the test car.

It seemed like every day I tried to elevate the driver's seat beyond its already top-height position. After driving taller vehicles, I felt a bit low to the pavement in the Accord and I fussed over having to endure blocking views of the backs of vans and pickup trucks.

The rear seat is nicely accommodating, even for three adults, if needed. There are 37.2 inches of legroom back there, exceeding the 34.6 inches in the back seat of the Sonata. The Accord's 38.5 inches of rear-seat headroom is more than the Camry's.

The Accord sedan's trunk looks roomy, with 14.7 cubic feet of space. There's more space available when rear seatbacks fold down. But the Sonata has a 16.4-cubic-foot trunk and the base Camry offers 15 cubic feet back there.

The test Accord came with many standard safety features, including electronic stability control, antilock brakes, anti-whiplash front head restraints and curtain air bags.

But beyond the leather-appointed interior, there were few extras.

Even the underside of the trunk was bare metal, with no lining or trunk lid handle that I could find.

Last month, Honda announced some 2011 Accords with V-6 engines are the subject of a safety recall. The company said front suspension bolts may not have been tightened properly, which could result in a loss of steering.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Review w/ Vid

A trip to the movie theaters reminded me why I hate Hondas. And you must be thinking, “Why is that? What the heck did the movies ever do to ruin Hondas for you?” While you read this either sitting on your lazy bum on the computer, or on your iPad or whatever you may use, I’ll let you in on some contextual details that might make more sense of where I’m going.

I went with some friends to see the latest installment to the Fast and the Furious franchise: Fast 5. Now, I am not kidding when I say this, but the local movie theater’s parking lot looked like something that would resemble a poor man’s Hot Import Night. It was ghastly, what with enough fart cans and giant fiberglass wings to probably fill the theater seats. And lo and behold, what other badge did majority of the cars don than the encapsulated capital “H.”

But that’s really all I hate about Hondas. Other than that, I have great respect for them, which is why I sprung to lease my own 2011 Honda Accord V6 Coupe with a 6-speed manual. And despite this respect, I was still a bit apprehensive about my purchase. I’ve brought this up to some of my fellow friends and many of them told me to wait and see, “you’ll catch the Honda bug.” What Honda bug do they speak of? Can my ownership change things up for me? Well, let’s find out.

Note: If you weren’t paying attention to the last paragraph, this vehicle was not provided to us by Honda for testing and is my own personal daily driver.
Review: 2011 Honda Accord V6 Coupe Specifications:
Base Price: $29,430.
Price As Tested: $30,619.
Engine: 3.5-Liter V6 VTEC SOHC 24-Valve – 271hp / 254 lb-ft of torque.
Transmission: 6-Speed Manual or 5-Speed Automatic.
Curb Weight: 3,410 lbs.
0 to 60 mph: 5.5 seconds.
Top Speed: 134 mph (electronically limited).
Fuel-economy (city/highway): 17/26 mpg (city/highway) w/ 6-speed manual; 19/29 w/ 5-speed automatic.

All Photos Copyright © Nikolina Kostrevski - egmCarTech.​

Exterior:

Starting off with the looks, the Accord Coupe, unlike its sister sedan, was destined to be a handsome car from the get-go. When the concept first debuted, I was immediately swept away. There are some differences between the concept and the production model, but the major proportions were maintained. The bulbous, yet rounded off nose, the ascending shoulderline and the large wheel wells soften the front overhang- a trait usually associated with front-wheel driven cars. The stance is wide and aggressive, while being sleek with a raked, sloping roofline a la shooting-brake. From nearly every angle, the new Honda Accord Coupe looks nothing but spectacular. It used to be where the Accords were so softly and anonymously designed that whenever you saw one, they were as boring as Toyotas were to look at. It was like expecting the girl next door coming over and asking for a cup of sugar, only to come face to face with an elderly woman politely asking for you to try her strawberry rhubarb pies. But no, with this new Accord, even after four years in production, still looks fresh and changes out the elderly woman for Mila Kunis.

What also should be noted is that there are minor exterior changes from the 2007-2010 models: the front and rear fascias were redone with the front featuring protruding foglights. The rear taillights were reworked to protrude outward to the sides and to be honest, the pre-facelifted models look a little more sleek. Also included are new 5-spoke 18-inch rims, which are the largest rims fitted to any Honda this side of the Pacific from the factory.

Interior:

On the inside, things are just as good. Ergonomics are 1st rate. Sure there are quite a bit of buttons on the center console, but all of them are clearly labeled, very easy to learn and well within reach. The Honda La-Z-Boys are a little flat for my taste but then again, I’m coming from the warm, hugging feeling of Jaguar’s seats in their old X308 XJ8. Either way, they get the job done by being comfortable and supportive. As for the materials, Honda has made sure not to subject itself to the drop in interior build quality like Toyota has. As a result, build quality is very good and it seems like Honda logically placed the soft-to-the-touch materials where the occupants would find themselves reaching the most. While some of the other plastics are hard to the touch, they’re left for the surfaces less frequented by human skin and look like they’re built to last. And thankfully, they don’t look as hard as they feel. It’s also very spacious on the inside with plenty of room to fit four full-sized adults reasonably well. The trunk is massive so you can also haul their luggage and if in need, you can fold the rear seats down. So, how does it drive?

Performance:

Let’s talk power. The 2011 Honda Accord Coupe can be had with either a 190hp/162 lb-ft 2.4L DOHC 16v iVTEC 4-banger or the top dog 3.5L SOHC 24v VTEC V6, which churns out a very impressive 271hp and 254 lb-ft of torque. Both can be mated to either a 5-speed automatic or manual for the 4-banger, and a 5-speed auto and a 6-speed close ratio manual for the V6 (what I have). Power delivery is absolutely seamless and instantaneous with horsepower peaking at 6200RPM and 5000RPM for the torque. Whether you’re cruising on the highway in top gear or bombing your favorite back roads, that V6 always has its reserves ready to go making for a very versatile engine and even a near-V8 experience. Combined with Honda’s slick and firm shifting manual and you can tell Honda definitely kept the enthusiast in mind. It is VERY engaging without any sacrifice in refinement. With a 0-60 time clocked in at the factory of 5.5 seconds, the Accord V6 is no slouch either. And it won’t penalize you at the pumps too poorly either with EPA estimates pegged at 17/26 mpg city and highway. I’ve been observing an average combined cycle of around 18-20 mpg but admittedly, that’s from the way I drive. But even with a fair amount moderately spirited driving, you can still manage up to 500 miles out of one tank. Sure the 2011 Honda Accord V6 Coupe has plenty of power, but what about the handling?

Already, you might be thinking that 271hp is way too much for a front-wheel drive car. But actually you’d be surprised! Only uneven and slick surfaces remind you that the front wheels are doing both jobs of power delivery and direction changing. Speaking of which, Honda’s tight ratio power-assisted steering paired with their double wishbone suspension up front, fully-independent multi-link rear and a very stiff chassis yields excellent results. The ride is firm but very compliant and absorbs road imperfections like a champ with only slight noises from the bumps. High-speed stability is exceptional for this segment and with its refined power and drivetrain, makes for a very comfortable and quiet highway cruiser for the price. Feel like taking the slightly longer and windier way home? Have the utter urge to bomb that jug handle that leads to your residence? Not a problem. While its sister sedan can tip the scales at 3,600lbs, the coupe’s 2-less doors allows for a near 200lb drop at 3,410 lb, which makes for a huge difference. Handling is excellent with enough composure and body control to make you think that this is by no means a front-wheel driven car. Turn in is sharp and steering feel is typical 1st-rate Honda but it isn’t as eager as Accords of the past. And the chassis is absolutely sublime making me think that if Honda were to chop the top, the rigidity will still be enough to make it a sporty and handsome convertible. If I were to equate the driving experience to that of a similar benchmark, the first thing that comes to mind was the last generation Acura 3.2CL Type-S, minus its trick helical limited-slip differential. Driving the 2011 Honda Accord V6 Coupe close to 9/10s would reveal its front-wheel quirks, but if it had a trick diff like the Acura, it would undoubtedly increase that threshold. The standard stability and traction control do a good job keeping slip up front to a minimum both in a straight line and in a corner. Disable it and understeer is the name of the game when you go above those 9/10s. While this is no S2000, the handling limits are well out of reach for even the above average driver. Man, I’m starting to get the idea of this “Honda bug.”

Pricing & Equipment:

How about price and equipment? As usual, the Accord is very well packaged with lots of standard equipment such as a 6-disc in-dash changer with Bluetooth and auxiliary and USB connectivity, an upgraded radio with a XM capability and a rear-deck mounted subwoofer, driver and passenger 2-mode heated seats, 1-touch open and close windows all around, automatic headlights and a power-adjustable driver seat with 2 memory modes just to name a few. Thankfully, Honda doesn’t charge extra for either the manual or the automatic. My coupe came basically equipped without sat-nav and the performance HFP-package, which seem to be the only extra packages worth mentioning for an otherwise already solidly equipped car. Unfortunately though, the 2011 Honda Accord V6 Coupe gets very close to the price range of the famous domestic pony, the RWD V6 Mustang similarly equipped, which also received a new, more powerful V6. And if you add the sat-nav and HFP package, that can get even closer to the stunning new 5.0 GT Mustang.

Overall:

Nonetheless, I can see what my friends were speaking of when they said that the “Honda” bug would hit me. Long gone were the thoughts that I would be associated with the Fast and the Furious crowd because plain and simply, the 2011 Accord V6 Coupe is a stylish, handsome, well-mannered and well-equipped sports coupe that is fast, fun to drive, practical, economical, cheap to run and dirt reliable. Sure there are other alternatives that may drive better or offer a more unique experience. But as a whole package, no other alternative can match the balance in performance, economy and practicality like the Honda Accord Coupe can. Because it makes so much sense, it makes up for the quirky front-wheel drive characteristics. It’s no wonder that they’ve been the longest running contender on Car and Driver’s respected “10 Best List,” because the Accord very well damn deserves it.

PS: Stay tuned as I will continue to provide coverage for my Honda in egmCarTech’s first ever long-term review.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts