Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question for those with '11 Sportwagon. Do your front foot wells have ambient blue lighting? Also doesn't the dash cluster have that too?

We picked up a '12 waggie 3 weekends ago to replace our '11 which was unceremoniously totaled by a [email protected]@ass who ran a red light at 50+ mph in a Prius and trashed our '11 about a month ago. Hit was in the right rear from the c-pillar back which put me thought two spins and rarely missed a telephone phone...but I digress.

Asking because while driving one evening with my wife it occurred to me that that '11 had that. I may be remembering something that wasn't there but don't think so.

Side note, Acura you suck for taking away the toolkit and spare. Fortunately ebay and car-parts.com got me what I need for $250 vs. $650 from the stealership.

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
They do have the lighting - you trying to make it brighter

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No dice...not tied to the dimmer.

·
Registered
550 Posts
pop the panel off. find the led and you can drill out where it shines thru a bit bigger and increase the light. this is on my 12 wagon.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have the 2012 SW as well. The lights are faint and it appears they turn off when the car is running.

I read on forums for the Odyssey and CR-V a lot of people make the hole larger as robpp stated.

The nice thing the Odyssey has is an actual switch on the left hand side to turn the ambient lights on and off. I almost wonder if it could be used in our car.

·
Registered
550 Posts
just bought a 2013 and I just realized about the spare/tools

now I have to find all the parts the 2011 had

there are only 2 big parts needed to get the spare in and 2 to hold it down. go to oemacuraparts and you can see a blow out. they sell a KIT but I was able to get the jack and tools and a spare for hella cheap on eBay. so I just bought the 2 well pieces and the bolt to hold the tire from the stealer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.