Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post so I was hoping I could get some help with an issue i have been having. Usually during a cold start (first time start up in the mornings) the engine turns over and instantly I hear a grinding sound for a second then it stops. I don't really know anything about cars but I feel it's the starter not disengaging after the engine takes off. It typically only does it when it is a cold start but sometimes it's later in the day even if it sits for an hour. Again, this is my first forum post ever so I apologize if I'm putting it in the wrong section so don't be too angry. I was going to attach a video but it seems I can only insert photos... which won't help. Thanks!

·
, Admin, Marketplace
3,073 Posts
It sounds like the starter

·
Registered
2 Posts
VTC Actuator. These are notorious for that and I experienced the same "clicking" noise that could possibly also be described as a grinding sound. A friend of mine with a 2011 had the same issue.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just dealt with this issue with my 08 making that exact noise. It's the VTC actuator 100%. Get that with the timing chain, guides, and tensioners replaced. Use only oem parts if you plan to keep the vehicle

1 - 6 of 6 Posts