Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When at low speeds, such as sitting on the 91 every morning, the car often spikes and lurches, only in 1st gear, often as I'm taking my foot off the gas. There is no check engine light . Everything else works great. Anyone else have this problem?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Sounds similar to when the Pedal Position Sensor starts going bad. Haved you tried pulling the codes from your OBD2 port to see what they may say?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I'm a lover not a mechanic, so I know nothing of codes or OBD2 ports lol. Hopefully I didn't just lose my man card. Trying to deliver some possible reasons to my mechanic when I finally drop off the car in a few days...

·
Registered
324 Posts
Nothing wrong with asking questions, that's how we learn. Since those symptoms can be caused by a multitude of things the fix and cost is TBD. Hopefully it is not serious.

It's a wise man who can acknowledge his limitations. Best of luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I guess I actually have the same issue with my 2006 honda accord diesel.
I found out that the dashboard gets nuts when pushing the clutch pedal . may be one of the two switches at the clutch pedal is broken after 430000 kilometers.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2009 Acura tsx 2.4L
199697 (I only know this cause I am counting to 200000....when the car just explodes or something random :( gets hit by a little kid on a bike and bursts into flames and the child just bikes off. Totally fine)
front wheel drive

I feel like "lurching" may be in reference to another vehicle you have driven? This is not me being a jerk (trust me, you can tell).

When you say lurch, meaning a hesitation? cause lurch, makes me think to slowly stand up, or to lurch forward: to stand tall then suddenly fall forward?

When I think of a car "lurching" id say its slow to go then suddenly seems to just take off?

I ask because after I just doing my ignition coil and getting more used to scan tool readings (Which yes...Im finishing my degree in computer science and I was a mechanic for 10 years. but other than that. This shit is EASY!!!!)
I am seeing things with my own vehicle that can be changed drastically with just the old stupid question, "You runnin preimium?"
(fuel type, injector cleaner. ***Do you research shop around, it injects gas into your motor to create an explosion, That is what your motor is. a controlled explosion. You want that boom happening under expected or unexpected conditions?)

if I was you and you was me? id go to youtube. look up 2009 acura CLEAN THROTTLE BODY ( NOT INTAKE I REPEAT! NOT!!! INTAKE).

But that right there is the "flapper do hicky that opens and closes its ghetto ass mouth to let in food. If the flapper do hickey hasnt had its flapper pivots cleaned of carbon, its ghetto ass mouth wont open"

:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts