Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys?

(f)(l)(a)(

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Personally I'd go with the IS250. It looks the best and is reliable. If I had to get a new car right now and was done with graduate school I'd go IS350.

I don't care for the current gen TSXs, I don't even consider it when I think of a new car. Are you thinking V6?

Sonata looks fun and Hyundai has definitely stepped up their game but I think Honda and Toyota are still more reliable and better to own.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
how about G25, zhieson?

·
LED Addict
874 Posts
I'd also go with IS250

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Call me crazy but I'd get the TSX in 6MT, the fuel economy and superb reliability are a welcome thing in today's economy:) I just wish they offered the wagon in 6MT, I'd be all over that.

·
fresh to death
2,643 Posts
yeah, the is250 looks good, but when i sat in my hommies is 250, i felt cramped...especially in the back seat....

·
Registered
141 Posts
Saw a 2011 Sti on the road last weekend in ATL. Since it was the first time I ever saw it in person, I was hoping for the best; for whatever reason, I did not like how it looked from behind...

and now queue the "that's what she said" jokes... :laugh:

if i had to make a choice..

1) IS250(Reliable/great looking car/AWD)
2) Subaru STI 2011(Fast car/Handling is superb/looks awesome/Color preference: Arctic Blue Silica)

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i'd take the g25 if its a good price. i like the IS, but back seat is small. and no "hand' brake kinda bugs me

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
here's what you do.

see the !! button right down there?
click the one for the post that's spam.
then in the box tell the moderators the issue, in this case write spam
or whatever.

then the mods will delete it :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I checked the G25 out today. Wow, what a loong car. The back doesn't have much room either, maybe slightly better then IS by a little.

The interior quality is pretty ok.

I didn't get to test drive it.

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
G25/G37 doesn't really do much for me. They're nice cars but I just don't dig em. I use to like the G35 but those are old now.

Subaru STI is a sick ass car but I hear its not very comfortable. I like speed but the sacrifice in ride from the STI would not be worth it for me. Heh I would probably go Imprezza and just mod it out (I think personalizing a car is half the fun of it being tricked out).

The small back seat in an IS wouldn't bother me. If you're my passenger and think its too small, you can drive.

Irrelevant to OP: But I'd like a Camera over a Mustang and a Mustang over a Hemi.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Saw a 2011 Sti on the road last weekend in ATL. Since it was the first time I ever saw it in person, I was hoping for the best; for whatever reason, I did not like how it looked from behind...

and now queue the "that's what she said" jokes... :laugh:
lol, yes the back looks a little bit like the Ford Fusion, but the front is sexy as heck! I am a little curious as to how the ride quality is, from the reviews at Best Motoring, the 2011 STI Sedan was the most stable ride going full speed(Forgot what speed they tested but for sure it was over 140MPH). also, i havent heard any complaints from people about the stiff suspension so far, only that its stiffer than the impreza which i never test drove any so far..

·
Registered
14 Posts
One major reason why I have a smile on my face every time I get in my car. :)
With the given choices on this thread, I'd take the TSX. I just bought the 2012 Special Edition 6MT and I can't get the smile off my face neither. More power wouldn't hurt though

·
Retired Regional Meet Leader
3,464 Posts
If anyone is looking to make the change, I can comment on the g25 and is250 as I test drove both when I was looking for my 2nd car. I currently lease a 2011 IS250 awd and have my 05 tsx, although I'm looking to sell it.

Key observations
G25
- No available navigation system (at the time in early 2011)
- Has AWD (100% RWD 0% FWD normally)
- Price not worth it, might as well go with the g35/37x
- great exhaust note
- ok stereo
- buttons not very ergonomically placed
- no fold down rear seats
- only slightly better MPG than the g35/37)

IS250
- Best in-class navigation system and screen resolution IMO
- Better interior materials
- AWD, but lexus system is rear-biased 70% and 30% FWD full-time, transfers up to 50% to front wheels when needed
- 2.5 is very slow, slow shifting, slow paddle responsiveness and even in sport mode
- no folding rear seats
- better stock exhaust note
- decent stereo system
- limited aftermarket performance parts
- well-placed locations for buttons and interface
- mpg on par with the is350
- HID is not STOCK on certain is250s, it is part of a package

1 - 20 of 23 Posts