Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
9th Gen Civic Forum : 2012 Honda Civic Forums - 9th Generation

These are the first spy shots of the 2012 Honda Civic. This vehicle, with its five-door hatch shape and funky rear door handles, is the European version that has never made its way to US soil. The 2012 Honda Civic is rumored to be the first Civic in generations to shrink in size. For the Japanese market, Edmunds Green Car Advisor has reported that the 2012 Civic will be sold only as a hybrid.

Expect the 2012 to arrive late in 2011.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update

Let me add the word "Euro" to the title so there is less confusion. This is the European Civic, which is why it is a hatchback. Granted, it can provide some clues to what the US version will look like, altho it is highly doubtful the hatchback version will make it across to America.

As for hybrid only, the rumor is that Japan will not get a regular gas version but the US will ...

·
Banned
38 Posts
So Civic is turned into a Prius.... I mean I didnt like Honda's late direction of exterior, but they just keep making uglier and uglier cars.....

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
looks like a prius on steriod.

meh, not my thing.

come on honda. step it up plz. euro version or not, im sure the US version will have some similiarity

·
LED Addict
874 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
You guys realize that they purposefully made the camo so it would look like a prius right? I bet this looks very similar to the current Euro hatch, just tweaked.

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
it's very well done camo.. some of the best I've seen actually.
before the "euro" was added to the title I was thinking this would be
the US hatch, which I'd not be impressed with.

I can see that the taillights are fake, the shape of a bit of the
headlights, and some other features covered, don't know what the car
will look like, the camo is very well done indeed... but still...

well I guess we'll see.

one thing I do like is that it'll be shrinking in size, maybe more towards
where it used to be and imo belongs.

·
Clutch Dump of Death!!!
830 Posts
I have to agree with others that it looks like a prius. Hope the styling cues don't make their way stateside.

·
Turbo K24
98 Posts
thats a saturn. hahahaha ugly looking civic

·
500K Poster! - Premium Club Member
701 Posts
gosh that thing is hideous.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts