1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
430 Posts
Amazing that a nearly ten year old engine design is still being used in a top of the line model no less

·
Whaattss up?
149 Posts
Still dont like how the car looks on the outside though

·
The other white meat...
743 Posts
That large opening in the front needs to be filled with a inter-cooler! TURBO that beast. Please Honda!

·
trespassing Jeep owner
2,731 Posts
Now presenting the Honda Genesis Coupe...

(I like it a lot and would consider it if I was in the market)

·
Registered
99 Posts
i was really tossed up between the TSX and 3.8 Gen Coupe... I chose the cheaper alternative :) I like my city 30mpg. On the gen coupe forum it seems, almost 90% of them go back into the dealer for some sort of repair... thats pretty bad, even for the first generation. popping interior panels, quarter panel fitment, hood alignment & etc etc etc.. Not having a hyundai dealership in SE AK.. I chose something that is serviceable XD Very beautiful & zippy car. and a decent ZF auto tranny too XD

·
Alliance!
1,776 Posts
Now presenting the Honda Genesis Coupe...

(I like it a lot and would consider it if I was in the market)
Look at the current corolla..now look at the 2012 sedan civic...now back to the corolla...annd back to the civic.

Looks like Honda is copying Kia's copying methods.

Reactions: stunner_360

·
Registered
972 Posts
That's interesting. Acura will likely then phase out the K24 in the current generation TSX in order to differentiate the model from the Si sedan when it comes to its powerplant.

I've posted this Photoshop elsewhere, but the new generation Si doesn't look that bad with a drop and wheels. I'm sure Honda will release a decent looking HFP kit as well.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
That's interesting. Acura will likely then phase out the K24 in the current generation TSX in order to differentiate the model from the Si sedan when it comes to its powerplant.

I've posted this Photoshop elsewhere, but the new generation Si doesn't look that bad with a drop and wheels. I'm sure Honda will release a decent looking HFP kit as well.

[/IMG]
yes. they are putting the k24z3 in the new SI

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
youre very late on this as its been discussed on the automotive section for a while now, and i hate the fact that they dropped the TSX motor into the new Civic SI. they shouldve just throw an H22 in it instead, leave the K24 to where it belongs..

also, from motor trend, they did mention that the header and exhaust setup is one whole system, you no longer have Header/Exhaust... you have an Exheader

·
Registered
972 Posts
yes. they are putting the k24z3 in the new SI
So across the various generations, the Honda Civic Si goes from a 1.6L, to a 2.0L, to a 2.4L. Doesn't make sense to me. Especially given the fact that over the years gas prices have reached almost astonishing levels. It should be the opposite, no?

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
If you go to honda.com and chose 2012 civic coupe, you will be able to see new HFP kit for it.

here's the link: Build and Price a Honda - the Official Honda Web Site
I take my comment back. Side skirts are somewhat standard. The front and rear "skirts" are too reminiscent of the previous generation Toyota Corolla 'S' with those ugly corner flares or whatever you want to call them.

·
Registered
83 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
So across the various generations, the Honda Civic Si goes from a 1.6L, to a 2.0L, to a 2.4L. Doesn't make sense to me. Especially given the fact that over the years gas prices have reached almost astonishing levels. It should be the opposite, no?
Well, fuel economy is actually better (both city and highway) with the K24Z7. It's rated at 31 mpg highway (US). Pretty darn good.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts