Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
UPDATED: 4/18/2012

Well folks... I took delivery of my 2012 Acura TSX today. I went ahead and had them NOT perform any detailing on the vehicle, even though it was already sitting on the showroom floor with some slight marring. :( I just had them do a spoiler install and vacuum out the interior.

Anyways, clear bra-ing will not happen till next week, so I had a 2 hour drive back home. What did I do in the meantime? BLUE PAINTERS TAPE!!! Yes, it looked goofy, but hey, I'm not risking any permanent chip. Buddy and I spent about an hour using up a whole roll of tape. But hey it worked :)

Never drive home a new car without clear bra or painters tape! hehe...

FYI, am loving this car. Drive home was fantastic. Smooth. It feels so good to be back in an Acura again. I will be enjoying my new DD. For my first mods, I will be getting tint along with the clear bra, and also am looking into hood struts. Anyone know of a good brand?

At Dealership prior to taping

After 1 hour of taping

We were so hungry, we needed RIBS...

Back home safe and sound

What the front end looked like

After it was all said and done, removing the tape only took about 15 minutes. My paint and front grille were left in pristine shape.

Can't wait to get clear-bra'd.

==================================================

Hello all. Sold my 12 year old Civic yesterday, for something with slightly more room, but still the patented Honda reliability (our Civic had zero visits to the dealer for any warranty or repair work). I also owned a 2001 Acura Integra LS back in the day as my first new car, so it feels good to be back in the saddle again. I missed Acuras.

Today, just purchased a 2012 Silver Moon TSX SE. I don't pick it up till Wednesday (clear bra work and spoiler add), and can't wait. More and better pics at that time. Meantime, am glad to be a part of this forum and looking forward to learning more.

Here was a pic of my first acura:

And my new tsx:

Sitting on the showroom floor:

This was how many miles were on her!!! (no one drove her but us)

After they pulled it off the showroom floor for us:

Sitting in the pre-delivery bay (with the SOLD sign! :)) waiting to be detailed and prepped for delivery to me on Wednesday. I can't wait!!!

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
that's awesome. I'm jealous. I haven't seen an SE in silver yet. I wish i had the SE interior. Side note TSX's should come slightly lower from the factory and the rear wheels are too sunk in.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
nice!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that's awesome. I'm jealous. I haven't seen an SE in silver yet. I wish i had the SE interior. Side note TSX's should come slightly lower from the factory and the rear wheels are too sunk in.
Thanks guys. Yeah I was thinking about lowering it, but since it will be my dd, and driven in snow, not sure if I will want to :(. So she will be stock for now. I don't even have her yet, but already love it. Lol

·
Registered
1 Posts
Such a nice car! Great color. I am hopefully ordering mine this week!!!!! Silver moon TSX SE. Lease for 36 months then decide if I wanna buy (it is my first acura so I probably will) Cheers on the car! Are you thinking about rims/tires?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Such a nice car! Great color. I am hopefully ordering mine this week!!!!! Silver moon TSX SE. Lease for 36 months then decide if I wanna buy (it is my first acura so I probably will) Cheers on the car! Are you thinking about rims/tires?
Thank you much. Yeah the silver moons are gorgeous in person. No lease for me, I did that with my first Acura 11 years ago.

Hmmm stock rims and tires for now. I am getting winter rims and tires for sure.

Congrats. I really like the color.
Thank you kindly... Yes I love the color too.

acura has really awesome lease deals. Ya I love my 09.
cool!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts