Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. I love the interior and exterior look a lot more in the Special Edition but other than that I believe they are pretty much the same? I wanted a 1st gen. manual tsx, but they are so impossible to find that I am starting to give in and just get a 2nd gen manual tsx. I don't know if there are large price differences, but for those that have drove the normal tsx and the special edition tsx, which one is more worth it? And how is the 2nd gen manuals compared to the 1st gen manuals?

Thanks!
p.s. if the dealer does not have a manual, can you request them to order one for you or if they don't have it you simply can't get it?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Special Edition - Only Manual Option

Hi - I just bought a new 2012 SE about a month ago. Differences include the interior, different front bumper, side sills, and different rear bumper. The rims are different as well. You can only get the manual in the special edition. There is no tech package available in this trim either. All in all I have been completely satisfied with the car - it has been awesome so far.

If you are going to get a new one, negotiate hard and wait to find the color you want. I paid 28,120 plus TTL (Title, tax, license) and got 0.9% for 60 months. I think the 0.9 is over but you should be able to get 1.9% now if your credit is good.

I got it in silver and had 25% tint put on the car. Looks sweet and is great to drive.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow! That seems to be a really good deal you got there. What was the total after the TTL? Because I thought I had to pay like 30k+TTL making it like 32k or something here at California.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Hansel and Serramonte were both offering me SEs for $28,999 virtually without any negotiations, but that was back in June. acura.com still has the $299/month lease listed, so I suspect dealers may still be eager to get rid of cars. Hansel told me they'll track down a specific car I wanted, I'm pretty sure they still can if that car exists. Call them if you want, they were cool. Martin was the sales guy I deal with.

On the SE vs. regular: I like the black head liner (didn't notice it at first), fact that windows are lightly tinted (not sure if they are on the regular model), the dark accents on wheels make them look alot better, the suede seats grip well, body styling looks nice, and of course, the fact that you can get it in a manual. No Nav option, but my 4+ year old $80 Garmin does the job very well. Also, gas mileage on the new ones should be better than the 1st gen, if you care about that.

If you want to check out the new SE with a manual in person, I'm in the Sunset and work in San Bruno -- a manual one may be tough to track down otherwise just to check out.

Stan

·
Registered
79 Posts
i bought my se in July at Los Gatos Acura here in Cali for 28 +ttl. it is an auto though :mecry: because i just couldn't wait any longer and the MTs are really hard to find. I think there were only 6 in the state when i was looking, and most of them were black (didn't want black).

There is a 2010 silver MT TSX with 29k for 23k at hopkins acura. edmunds says it was listed in june, so you could probably totally talk them down... especially if you can get a brand new one for only 5k more. I have not seen it in person nor do i feel one way or the other about the dealership, i just did a quick internet search.

Good luck!

·
Registered
79 Posts
oh and a 2005 black MT TSX with 109k for 12k at sunnyvale volkswagen... again, haven't seen it and don't feel one way or the other about the delaership. just an edmunds.com search. :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had been looking for a 2012 SE for some time, and finally came across a Bellanova White in MT one and had to jump on it. Overall, I am satisfied with the car, but I would have gotten the tech package if they had offered it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hansel and Serramonte were both offering me SEs for $28,999 virtually without any negotiations, but that was back in June. acura.com still has the $299/month lease listed, so I suspect dealers may still be eager to get rid of cars. Hansel told me they'll track down a specific car I wanted, I'm pretty sure they still can if that car exists. Call them if you want, they were cool. Martin was the sales guy I deal with.

On the SE vs. regular: I like the black head liner (didn't notice it at first), fact that windows are lightly tinted (not sure if they are on the regular model), the dark accents on wheels make them look alot better, the suede seats grip well, body styling looks nice, and of course, the fact that you can get it in a manual. No Nav option, but my 4+ year old $80 Garmin does the job very well. Also, gas mileage on the new ones should be better than the 1st gen, if you care about that.

If you want to check out the new SE with a manual in person, I'm in the Sunset and work in San Bruno -- a manual one may be tough to track down otherwise just to check out.

Stan

the SE windows arnt tinted from the factory.
it just seems slightly darker because of the black headliner.

i thought the same thing and asked the dealer and the guy tinting my windows.

not tinted.

i absolutely LOVE my SE.
the only thing i didnt like was the lack of tech pkg but i fell in love with the looks and the suede seat inserts.

im not a fan of full leather seats. they get hot in the summer and you slide around in corners.

when i went to acura, i didnt even know about the SE.
i wasnt even really sure about getting another acura (last acura was a 98 ITR). i had my heart set on a Lexus IS350 but once i saw the Crystal black pearl SE.. it was over. i had to have it.

took a hit on my S2000 trade in but they gave me such a good deal on the SE, i couldnt say no.

Def get the SE.

i think later down the road, i may grab a CU1 and mod it since i still really like the look of those but I LOVE my SE

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi. I love the interior and exterior look a lot more in the Special Edition but other than that I believe they are pretty much the same? I wanted a 1st gen. manual tsx, but they are so impossible to find that I am starting to give in and just get a 2nd gen manual tsx. I don't know if there are large price differences, but for those that have drove the normal tsx and the special edition tsx, which one is more worth it? And how is the 2nd gen manuals compared to the 1st gen manuals?

Thanks!
p.s. if the dealer does not have a manual, can you request them to order one for you or if they don't have it you simply can't get it?

In Canada, the 2012 SE is the 2012 A-Spec package. I picked one up late July and am very happy with my purchase. Initially, I was considering picking up the Base TSX MT with cloth seats and adding the body kit package (not cheap!). The A-Spec was totally worth it for a few thousand more - upgraded 18" wheels, cool rims, leather and suede interior. I also had the opportunity to drive the auto and it felt a bit lethargic to me. The 6MT felt much more responsive and is a pretty quick car for commuting.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I currently own a 07 Honda Civic Si, and am considering a used 2010, 2011, TSX manual trans. I looked at the special edition, but I like the all leather seats better in the regular model. I would rather get the base tsx , black in color, with a 6 speed m/t, leather interior. I think the 2010 , 2011 model looks great, and you can change out the nose grill with a very nice looking grill to remove the beak.
Anyway, like you OP, I am considering the SE and base, the SE is very nice, but I just prefer the all leather 6 speed. Good luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wish I had found a 6 Speed

I leased a 2011 TSX auto and have 13 months left on lease. Could not locate a manual transmission at the time. Was able to drive a 2012 SE manual last week. It was fabulous. Wish I could get out of my lease without penalties to buy the SE manual. Changes the whole personality of the car. The fun factor increases 100 fold!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts