Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning gentlemen,
Pardon my ignorance but I have the tiniest oil leak and after getting my oil changed yesterday (which I do every 3k) I finally think I found the culprit. I'm not a mechanic by any means, what is this dam bolt with what looks to be a blown rubber seal around it? Thanks in advance. Pretty good day.
Automotive lighting Automotive tire Fluid Hood Electrical wiring

·
Registered
77 Posts
who ever did the oil change i would tell them off for not doing basic proper procedure and replacing the washer/gasket/o-ring. they only last like 2-3 oil changes depending on how tight you crank the bolt.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Man, I gota 2012 tsx as well with similar problem, it looked as though the oil change shop that last did the job, (previous owner) they did not do their due diligence by fixing or telling me that the oil pan drain plug was stripped and leaking. Then upon further inspection it was a bad bolt that should not of been used in the first place. The owners manual says their should be a washer present, but mine did not. See this is why i do my own oil changes, even the small things on a car, you leave it up to some yahoo at a city shop whos probably hi working on your baby, its like geez, or is this a acura issue with the drain plug being faulty? Who Knows All i Know is now my 2012 TSX is leaking oil from the oil pan gasket . THe rubber seal around the oil pan is squished out so its causeing a slow leak. Thats another thing to keep an eye on guys! TSX owner Tim signing out

·
Registered
15 Posts
Man, I gota 2012 tsx as well with similar problem, it looked as though the oil change shop that last did the job, (previous owner) they did not do their due diligence by fixing or telling me that the oil pan drain plug was stripped and leaking. Then upon further inspection it was a bad bolt that should not of been used in the first place. The owners manual says their should be a washer present, but mine did not. See this is why i do my own oil changes, even the small things on a car, you leave it up to some yahoo at a city shop whos probably hi working on your baby, its like geez, or is this a acura issue with the drain plug being faulty? Who Knows All i Know is now my 2012 TSX is leaking oil from the oil pan gasket . THe rubber seal around the oil pan is squished out so its causeing a slow leak. Thats another thing to keep an eye on guys! TSX owner Tim signing out
Not a TSX problem I work in an oil change shop and its just idiots who don’t do their job, we make sure to replace the ring every other time and replace bolts if previous shop overtorqued or stripped them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Not a TSX problem I work in an oil change shop and its just idiots who don’t do their job, we make sure to replace the ring every other time and replace bolts if previous shop overtorqued or stripped them.
good to know thank you!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts