Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey All,

I just traded my 2004 TSX 6MT (Crystal Black Pearl) and got a 2012 TSX Special Edition 6MT (Crystal Black Pearl). I'm looking for recommendations for speaker upgrades and need a place to start. What fits the best, what are the most critical pieces to upgrade?.

This SE has 10 speakers, even though it does not have the ELS Audio/Nav, which isn't even available with the SE. Every piece of literature from Acura/Honda about this vehicle, including the window sticker states that it came with a 7 speaker system...

Did all the 2012 TSX have 10 speakers, including 2 dash tweeters, 1 dash center, 4 door speakers 2 rear deck speakers and a rear deck sub?

Thanks all!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
you may have already found your answer (since your post is from july), but i am going to reply anyway. the special edition is advertised as having 7 speakers because it does actually have 7: two front tweeters, two speakers in the front doors, two speakers in the rear deck, and 1 8" subwoofer in the rear deck. the interior is the same, so our dash has the speaker cover for the center speaker, but there is no actual speaker there. i haven't removed my rear door panels, but i expect to find the same thing... no speakers even though we have speaker grills.

i wonder if the wiring is there to add speakers and if the HU could handle the extra... haven't found any info about that yet.

·
VBP CREW
232 Posts
I have to take my rear door panels off today so i will find out whats there and if any wiring is just hanging out

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.