Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I know this is a TSX forum and will have its bias. That's why I'm asking the question here. The new VW GLI is getting some good press and I very much enjoyed its test drive. Found the interior a bit cheap though. And of course VW's reliability is always a question mark. But, the new GLI drives great! I haven't driven the current gen of the TSX yet but did drive many of the last gen. So, I wonder if there are any opinions on how the current TSX compares to the current GLI? Pros and cons of each would be most welcome. Thanks! Handling, reliability, steering feel, shifter and clutch feel (manual only!), interior quality, motor, etc., etc.

·
Co-Driver
670 Posts
The new vw's are getting better but they have always had a cheap feeling interior. I haven't driven a new gli but i would suggest a Tsx for sure.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The new vw's are getting better but they have always had a cheap feeling interior. I haven't driven a new gli but i would suggest a Tsx for sure.
No, (t)sexy girl. Until 2 years ago, VWs have had nicer interiors than the competition. Cheaper interiors are a new development at VW. VW interiors are getting worse.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Test drove it several weeks ago... Here are some notes

It's like a Civic SI plus more bells and whistles. I should have known from the price...

+ suspension, firm but more comfortable then TSX
+ the low end torque that makes u feel like driving a V6, but not as smooth.
+ Deep Engine tone
+ appealing controls layout
+ lots of leg room for the rear
+ bluetooth and voice commands... SD Card slot / ipod connectivity, etc...

Dislikes:
- hard plastic on the door panel
- wiggling buttons
- feel cheap
- non-intuitive control for the moonroof
- DSG doesn't seem to be very smooth when pushed
- steering wheel looks good, but it's just firm rubber, not leather.
- manual seat adjustment
- reliability... the sales just traded in his own VW 'cause of various sensors failures...

The sales there's a ECU upgrade (from VW he claims) that will push HP from 200 to ~260 for ~$1000. Interesting...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
After many Jettas,I upgtaded to a TSX.

Interior finish is WAY better on TSX.
One look around will confirm this...

No interior rattles and squeeks which have been plaguing the new GLIs,check out VWvortex.com to see what I am saying.

Cheaply finished trunk on GLI,not carpeted boot lid,fully carpeted in TSX.

Not all bad in GLI.

Has bigger trunk than TSX,and more rear legroom.

One has to check them out side by side,compare,and deceide for themselves...

Finally,built in Japan vs built in Mexico says a lot about both products........................

1 - 6 of 6 Posts