Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2012 left over TSX wagon from Vandergriff Acura in DFW. Got lucky since the white is the only color i was considering to purchase... but with the black interior i was willing to work with the black if needed.

i took a couple of pics of the TSX i took tonight and also gave a little comparison with my other vehicles in the garage at the moment since i basically paid no more than $25k for each of them... yes even the TSX.

Full rear shot with the diffuser. i didnt expect the diffuser to be painted black with "pearl" effect instead of matte plastic but as i was taking these shots i realized it and was ver surprised and liked it.

Headlights are pretty bright for its projector size. i knew a lot of people want the tsx projectors when it comes to doing a retro and finally saw why they would. i think these are brighter when even compared to my previous cars Mercs w203, BMW e92-e90, Mazda3, Audi A3, VW touareg.

straight shot

Headlights

orange reflectors do mess it up... but thinking about leaving them in for now... and glad acura brought the black housing in gen2 i personally like the black housing much better

Here is a shot of my 2012 subaru outback headlights. much much bigger than TSX and chromed out but not as bright or effective as the tsx headlights in my opinion.

Here is the rear shot of the two side by side. Subbie is much taller and higher but about same width and length overall. Subbie has better hatch opening (wider opening) but harder to load since it sits higher off the ground. Subbie is also easier to get in and out since you do not have to bend your back or anything either compared to the TSX.

rear quarter view of the two

rear quarter view of my other... the Mazda CX-5. Almost tall as the Subbie but much higher green house and narrower overall with heck of a lot shorter car overall length compared to TSX and Outback.

The TSX key fob... the worst key fob i have had out of 12 cars i have had thus far. Audi/VW wanna be but flimsy and cheap feeling... too light in weight... button feels cheap when pressed... material overall just lacks in quality. and too thin.

TSX interior with tan leather seats. i prefer these over the black and the SE seats... but leather feels thin compared to the gen1 seats... idk perhaps its just me. until i took these i didnt know the steering wheels lit up green... just looked white when i was driving. steering wheel leather feels the best by being smoothest leather i have tried... definitely opposite of my previous BMW leather

Interior shot of the CX-5. i really like the looks and design. super easy to reach everything while driving and super simple compared to the TSX. just wish i got the leather wheels and interior space feels bit smaller than TSX and definitely smaller than the outback.

The top of the dash is an amazing soft touch material... something you definitely should feel. TSX dash top just cant even compare to the CX-5 dash top because TSX feel like a compressed styrofoam and CX-5 feels like a one solid piece of soft high quality rubber. (hard to explain)

TSX

TSX gauges close to the quality and design of the Mercs... but for some reason Merc's floating gauges are definitely sharper looking and functions smoother, brighter and sharper and less hurting to the eyes at night. Definitely beats the BMW e92 red gauges but wish it was easy to read as they were

not bad... i personally prefer the blue over the SE red.

CX-5 gauges for comparison... less complicated easier to read and better info screen with less button pushing or scrolling than TSX.

Push button keyless start and entry... something we all know TSX is missing as a standard option.

CX-5 center stack... bare... and very spartan... lacking.

TSX center stack... nice and love it. dont know why people complain about too many button issue. it only takes 5 min to get used to them... if not less.

ELS... dont know why people pay $6K for B&O. this is just as good imo... by far the best i have heard and tried. HK in BMW cant even be compared.

TSX screen is much better than IDRIVE and Merc's COMAND... less content but all you will ever need unlike the other two i have mentioned. HDD i really dont know why thats going away in cars... because i really prefer them over pluggin stuff and USB.

Driver seat... comfortable and wide... not too stuffy or narrow. good for long hauls. just wish there was a 3rd button like most these days. Lastly, the key fob again... oh well i guess i can get use to it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Alright, so i bought this leather care cream that looks like make up in korea when i was there just 3 weeks ago. amongst pretty ricer KDM products, this was the one thing that i was curious about and thought it would be worth spending my $25 on. been dying to try it out so here we go.

info: bullsone leather carejam

??? ??????? (google translate the page if you cant read korean)

ill post pics later once applied.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Beautiful pics and collection of cars. How do you use that leather protection wax you got and what is your update after nearly 6 months of use with the wagon. I've got same wagon in black last month but still not seeing that 31MPG on my dashboard yet :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
quick question is this something specific to your wagon ?

I dont have blue dial on my wagon, is there any setting that I need to turn on to turn my dial to colorful like what you've ? Mine is 2012 TSX Sport Wagon with Tech Package.

My wagon interior light looks just like what is shown on Acura website

1 - 6 of 6 Posts