Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i was wondering if i put 20mm spacers on the front, and stock wheels will i rub or have contact with the fenders?

I will be running on Koni's and Htech springs. No front camber arms so just stock so i can't adjust camber in to go into the fenders, so that's not a option.

Reason i ask is because i am doing the TL-S brembo caliper swap and was looking for 15mm spacers, but i found a set of 20mm spacers used for a pretty decent price, so why not. I'm just curious if that's too wide and will cause tire/fender rub. Looks like stock offset on tsx wheels are 17*7 +55 offset. So if i used 20mm spacers i'd have +35offset. You may also ask why i'm not using aftermarket wheels, it's for my winter setup. Lots of snow up here and i don't want to run my summer 18's :)

Thanks guys.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
You fitting this on stock lugs? I wanted to run spacers too, hell I could probably make spacers at my work lol

Sent from my HTC Rezound on VZW 4G LTE

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea just for the front, the only reason i'm putting these on is to clear the tl typeS calipers when i install them. I'm not putting them on for show, more aggressive stance or anything like that. Just to clear the bigger tl-S caliper.

Thanks for the info guys. I'm more confident now that it should work, thanks TSXfredo

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i installed my spacers and here are the pic's
looks like it sticks out a little, but once i lower it 1" with the Htech springs and Koni's it might tuck in a bit because of the camber. It actually might just sit really flush. If it rubs or not i'm not sure, good thing i'm only lowering 1"

Top view

Back view

Front view

Lots of room for the TL typeS calipers :)

·
Registered
277 Posts
yea there will be a vibration at highway speeds possibly even at lower speeds, the spacer may be centered on the hub which is still doubtful without some type of centering ring, but there also isnt anything centering the wheel onto the spacer.. which will cause your vibration

1 - 13 of 13 Posts