Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
where did you go?
which area in So Cal?
i'm planning to buy TSX within 2 or 3 months.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
YES very good price !

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I got this quote from two dealers, first was weircanyon acura, they had a Easter sale, after that i e-mailed Thomas Acura, and they matched it

·
Registered
35 Posts
That sounds great, that's almost exactly what I paid in Connecticut. Just make sure they don't stick in any little fees. If that's what you were quoted, you should pay that, plus tax, period. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
according to edmunds.com the invoice of auto 05 TSX is 24,784, that plus 570 destination charge is equal to 25,354 since I got the quote of 25,371, they only make 17 dollars? or is there a catch to this?

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
poweredbyjs said:
I got this quote from two dealers, first was weircanyon acura, they had a Easter sale, after that i e-mailed Thomas Acura, and they matched it
That's where I bought my TSX...they gave me $1285 off last January. All I know is Weir is new, gives free car wash, free loaners...so I would buy from them...I don't know about Thomas.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
poweredbyjs said:
according to edmunds.com the invoice of auto 05 TSX is 24,784, that plus 570 destination charge is equal to 25,354 since I got the quote of 25,371, they only make 17 dollars? or is there a catch to this?
There is already a 3% dealerhold back padded into the invoice price...so even if you pay invoice, they are already making something like $800

·
Registered
256 Posts
I think thats a hella good deal! I got mines for $25,500 and it came with nothing!! oh well I'm still happy =) good luck with your purchase! and what color is it BTW?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
thats a great price... Congrats !!!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
pocketkiller said:
That's where I bought my TSX...they gave me $1285 off last January. All I know is Weir is new, gives free car wash, free loaners...so I would buy from them...I don't know about Thomas.
Thomas Acura is very good, my sister bought her 2004 TL from there for like 30,500

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pocketkiller said:
There is already a 3% dealerhold back padded into the invoice price...so even if you pay invoice, they are already making something like $800
so that means the real invoice is 800 off the invoice?

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
poweredbyjs said:
so that means the real invoice is 800 off the invoice?
well you can look at it that way yes, but I suppose the real invoice would be the price the dealership buys the car from Acura right?...but the dealer will NEVER negotiate with their hold back money. Dealer hold back is to ensure they always make some type of profit to pay for building/dealership maintenance/salaries etc. Anything over invoice is pure profit for salesman and dealership. Hold back is normal for all cars, and all brands...although some holdbacks go greater than 3%

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
but you can still use it as a bargaining tool...just bring up the fact that they are already making $800 on the dealer hold back, so even if they sell to you at invoice they are still making a profit.
alot of dealers will say If they are selling at invoice they make no money...just don't ask to go lower than invoice.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
what about it ? everyone pays it. should not be part of the negotiation.
Why ? is it unreasonable ?

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
poweredbyjs said:
what about the destination charge?
it should be the standard $570 (I think) across the board. this is non-negotiable, and it should not be any higher or lower based on location.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
so you gonna do it ? poweredbyjs

1 - 20 of 21 Posts