Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
not sure how true this is but many people have said the sales man has quoted this price at the show. ;)

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
skateboarder816 said:
man...do you think that is alot for the tsx? if that is so, then how much will the type s cost?
$27,000 is fine if its with navi :D type S should be around 29k with navi thats if they make a type s. ;)

·
Registered
46 Posts
anyways, why is it so much? does it come with perferated seats and the whole works or are acuras just bad-ass cars? i have never owned an acura before so i wouldn't know.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
skateboarder816 said:
anyways, why is it so much? does it come with perferated seats and the whole works or are acuras just bad-ass cars? i have never owned an acura before so i wouldn't know.
combination of acura's being "badass" obviously my opinion... and the fact that this car really is hooked up ;)
all this is standard...

2.4 Liter DOHC, I-VTEC
200 [email protected] rpm; 166lbs-ft of [email protected] rpm
5 sp sequential auto transmission
6 sp close ratio manual transmission
Drive by wire throttle system
Double wishbone suspension
VSA
17 inch Alloy whls P215/50 R 17 Tires
Dual stage airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags
HID headlights
Navi system with voice recognition
perforated leather seats
dual zone auto climate control
360 total watts audio system with 8 speakers and 6 disc in dash changer

·
Registered
30 Posts
hondafreak4eva said:
even the ex accord doesn't match up in features... tsx is better.. :)
how so, by having a v6, 6 spd manual thats faster than a TSX? Can it be that it has 2 more cylinders and is cheaper than a TSX? Can it be that theyre almost the same in features such as voice activated navigation and even share the same steering wheel? How about the fact that they both use the same faux wood trim? Look at the facts before your speak.

Just because its an "acura" and has a fancy name, doesnt make it better than an accord. Remember its still a 2.4L i4, honda euro/jdm accord. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
the tsx is the accord type s but it isn't coming over here though right? but i think that the ex accord(not v6) is around 24,25 grand. it has everything that the tsx has except that it is a newer production car. i think they are trying to rip people off. although, i don't know how much power the regular ex and the ex v6 is making.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
misterciv said:
how so, by having a v6, 6 spd manual thats faster than a TSX? Can it be that it has 2 more cylinders and is cheaper than a TSX? Can it be that theyre almost the same in features such as voice activated navigation and even share the same steering wheel? How about the fact that they both use the same faux wood trim? Look at the facts before your speak.

Just because its an "acura" and has a fancy name, doesnt make it better than an accord. Remember its still a 2.4L i4, honda euro/jdm accord. :rolleyes:
Ok for one thing lets not even get into the V6 issue.. someone whose looking for a 6cyl shoudln't look at a TSX it's not even an option.... second...
an EX Automatic Transmission with Leather and Navigation System has a base price of $25,700.00

with this you get:

Technical Features
160-hp, 2.4-liter 16-Valve DOHC i-VTEC® 4-Cylinder Engine
Double Wishbone Front Suspension
Five-Link Double Wishbone Rear Suspension
Variable-Assist Power Rack-and-Pinion Steering
110,000-Mile Scheduled Tune-Up Interval
5-Speed Automatic Transmission
Front & Rear Stabilizer Bars
4-Wheel Disc Brakes

Safety Features
Anti-Lock Braking System (ABS)
Dual-Stage Front Airbags (SRS)
Front and Rear 3-Point Seat Belts
Full-Frontal, Offset-Frontal and Side-Impact Protection
Lower Anchors and Tethers for Children (LATCH)
Front Side Airbags

Interior Features
Power Windows w/Auto-Down Driver's Window
Tilt and Telescopic Steering Column
Power Door Locks
Cruise Control
Driver's Seat Adjustable Lumbar Support
AM/FM/ 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer Audio System with 6 Speakers
Leather-Trimmed Interior
Heated Front Seats
Driver's Seat w/8-Way Power Adjustment
Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control System
Exterior Temperature Indicator
Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Activation

Exterior Features
Integrated Rear-Window Antenna
Impact-Absorbing Body-Colored Bumpers
Body-Colored Door Handles
Body-Colored Dual Power Mirrors
Multi-Reflector Halogen Headlights with Auto-Off
Remote Entry System with Power Window Control
Power Moonroof w/Tilt Feature
16” Alloy Wheels
Security System

- - - -
I dont see why your so adamanet in sayin the accord is better.. it may be a better bang for the buck.. but when people look at acura's they are looking at a luxery vehicle...
there are small intricate details that make the acura a better car... obviously it's an acrua...

2.4 Liter DOHC, I-VTEC
200 [email protected] rpm; 166lbs-ft of [email protected] rpm
less horse power
5 sp sequential auto transmission
6 sp close ratio manual transmission
Drive by wire throttle system
Double wishbone suspension VSA
17 inch Alloy whls P215/50 R 17 Tires 16's
Dual stage airbags, side airbags and side curtain airbags
HID headlights Halogen in the accord
Navi system with voice recognition
perforated leather seats
dual zone auto climate control
360 total watts audio system with 8 speakers and 6 disc in dash changer in the accord...AM/FM/ 6-Disc In-Dash CD Changer Audio System with 6 Speakers

there are MINOR Details which diferentiate the accord and the tsx... all adding to the luxury aspect...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hondafreak4eva you obivously dont know what your talking about. Acura may think its a luxury brand but not so many ppl see it as a luxury brand. Having fwd powered v6 cars isnt exactly luxury, lol. It maybe called entry luxury at the most but it def isnt luxury. What other luxury car makes still use FWD in all of their cars and even in their flagship? What luxury company puts fake wood in their cars (i.e. cl, tl, tsx)

If you think the acura tsx is a luxury car you obivously have no idea of what luxury is. Most people in the car industry dont even take Acura as a serous luxury company.

Its a freakin rebadged euro accord, How hard is that to get? They didnt even do any exterior modifications! SO how is it supposedly more luxurous than a usdm accord? At least with the TL and CL, theyre not a normal accord somewhere else.

Why dont you want to get into the V6 issue? Could it be that honda is stupid enough to put a 2.4L engine in this car and sell it for more than a similarly eqipped accord v6? That 2.4L is just a slightly modified to bump it to 200hp. LOL what a joke of putting a reg 4cyl engine in a "luxury car"

Give it up hondafreak........The tsx is a joke. Its just a reg euro accord that theyre selling for tons more over here.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Why pay more for a i4 when u can get a v6 for cheaper. Companies only offer i4s in their cars as a base engine for those who cant afford to opt for the v6. Who would take a 200hp i4 over a 3.0 v6 with 240 hp? LOL maybe you.

I love the TSX but honda is making a mistake by charging 27k for it and not having a v6 as an option. And dont say that the TSX is more luxurious than an accord, the TSX IS A FREAKIN ACCORD. Acura didnt even bother to do any exterior mods.

G

·
lol... my problem is why do people keep thinking that the tsx is a whole new vehicle? maybe they haven't been following the accord family line :-x so with the introduction of the tsx to the US(accord euro-r, don't even call it a type S because it's not,) they think it's a whole new car. i heard the only reason they even named it a TSX was so they can put it between the RSX and the NSX :-x

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
I think the new Accord is pretty hot too! Anyways...27K is not a bad price....I'd buy one, or even lease it...anyone know what the lease is gonna go for??? 350 a month????

·
Registered
46 Posts
ok, what will the price be for the tsx without the navigation and the manual transmission? everytime i hear someone price something, they price it with an automatic.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
46 Posts
oops... i meant what will the price be without the navigation but with the manual transmission.

skateboarder816 said:
ok, what will the price be for the tsx without the navigation and the manual transmission? everytime i hear someone price something, they price it with an automatic.:rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 31 Posts