Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Acura TSX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
JUST PURCHASED A 2ND GEN 6-SPEED TSX W/ ONLY 64,000 MILES & A-SPEC FRONT/REAR BUMPER & SIDE SKIRTS. IT CURRENTLY HAS 2019 18” TLX WHEELS (debating if I should change them). I HAVE PLANS FOR IT (i.e. a-spec front lip, coilovers, wheels, custom grille etc.) WOULD LIKE IT TO BE A DAILY W/ LIGHT MODS. WISH ME LUCK!!!

·
Registered
337 Posts
Nice buy! Technically, they called that an “Aero” kit or “sports bumpers” if purchased individually. There was a Special Edition 2nd gen but no a-spec.

Change that oil every 5k or less and don’t use any cheap oil! Don’t follow the maintenance minder in the dash.. trust me!

·
Registered
2009 Acura TSX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice buy! Technically, they called that an “Aero” kit or “sports bumpers” if purchased individually. There was a Special Edition 2nd gen but no a-spec.

Change that oil every 5k or less and don’t use any cheap oil! Don’t follow the maintenance minder in the dash.. trust me!
Thanks! And trust me, only the good oil for her!

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's sexy, but DAMN, those front grilles are hideous. I'm SO glad Acura ditched that "beak" on their newer models! I've seen them blacked out and it looks a LOT better, IMHO.

·
Registered
2009 Acura TSX
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's sexy, but DAMN, those front grilles are hideous. I'm SO glad Acura ditched that "beak" on their newer models! I've seen them blacked out and it looks a LOT better, IMHO.
I agree lol. It’s on the list of things I’ve got planned for it. I’m thinking about just a blank grill with the emblem in the center.

·
Registered
337 Posts

went with the ukdm grille for a while. Vinyl’d all the bars and glued the original emblem to the plate that covers the ‘H’. I wanted to do the conversion to mold an Acura RLX emblem “box” but never got around to it. Then the plate fell off and it was a Honda for a couple years.

Finally painted the original grille. The chrome crap was very chipped so I decided to peel it from the plastic which was a terrible mistake and I probably won’t get those 5+ hours back peeling, sanding, filling, and so on. Headlights have been restored since then and now I’m happy with the way the front of the car looks. They should have been color matched from the factory..

A Modulo or ATLP grille would be ideal but I’d rather spend that $500+ elsewhere

·
Registered
9 Posts
View attachment 46868
Finally painted the original grille. The chrome crap was very chipped so I decided to peel it from the plastic which was a terrible mistake and I probably won’t get those 5+ hours back peeling, sanding, filling, and so on. Headlights have been restored since then and now I’m happy with the way the front of the car looks. They should have been color matched from the factory..

A Modulo or ATLP grille would be ideal but I’d rather spend that $500+ elsewhere
I like that look right there. Even Dip or vinyl would subdue the "beak". I like that look.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts