Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 manual w/ tech package. I've had the car for about 4 years, ever since I bought it I have had axle problems with a shake at low rpms. I have replaced axles more times I can count, but it fixed it for a day or so then right back to shaking. I was told it could be the trans so I replaced that fixed all motor mounts im at a loss

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2009 manual w/ tech package. I've had the car for about 4 years, ever since I bought it I have had axle problems with a shake at low rpms. I have replaced axles more times I can count, but it fixed it for a day or so then right back to shaking. I was told it could be the trans so I replaced that fixed all motor mounts im at a loss
Have you had he wheels balanced? Any fault codes?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2011 manual transmission. I was told this happens more so on the manual transmission cars and my fix was when the dealer installed new drive shafts. These were covered under the powertrain warranty.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 SE manual, 105k miles and getting the vibration on acceleration in all gears but more pronounced in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Dealer confirmed axles need replacement and offered two choices: aftermarket axles (I was surprised after reading the complaints on here) - parts and labor $550, or OEM which comes out to $1700 for parts and labor. I called raxles.com and they have the reman axles for $299 each.
I am thinking to go with the cheapest option here since the dealer offers a 1 year/12000 miles warranty on the job and parts. If the aftermarket axles don't fix the problem at least I can take it back to them until it's solved.

Any thoughts?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2012 SE manual, 105k miles and getting the vibration on acceleration in all gears but more pronounced in the 1st, 2nd and 3rd. Dealer confirmed axles need replacement and offered two choices: aftermarket axles (I was surprised after reading the complaints on here) - parts and labor $550, or OEM which comes out to $1700 for parts and labor. I called raxles.com and they have the reman axles for $299 each.
I am thinking to go with the cheapest option here since the dealer offers a 1 year/12000 miles warranty on the job and parts. If the aftermarket axles don't fix the problem at least I can take it back to them until it's solved.

Any thoughts?
After giving it some thought and reading more posts from Honda/Acura owners I decided to go with ordering the axles from Raxles.com and do the job myself. Thanks to the DIY's on this forum and the shop manual the job was straight forward - if you have the right tools. Ordering from Raxles was smooth and easy, since I live in FL I got them shipped in one day, nicely packaged and including a return prepaid shipping label. The axles seem of very high quality. The car is smooth as butter once again! I am getting an alignment done in the next few days and should be good for a while!

·
Registered
335 Posts
i replaced mine this week due to the sudden newfound vibration on acceleration. took a chance on some cheap aftermarket axles when my 20 year acura tech said he's done hundreds from this brand without issue - company is import direct.

only had them a few days.mild vibration around 20-25 mph if i accelerate in 2nd gear, bit mellower but noticeable in 3rd gear, but smooth after that. Feels smooth on highway and cruising speeds, but you feel the vibration in neighborhoods going around 25. For $475 installed with a lifetime warranty on parts i'm happy with it since OEM would run double that.

·
Registered
2013 TSX A-Spec
5 Posts
Having had similar unresolvable issues on a Mazda Protege, we came to the conclusion, after axle work, balancing etc. that one of the wheels was bent. Switching wheels solved the issue.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Just wanted to add that I have similar experience. Mine wobbled at higher speeds 40 up to 70. I went and had an independent shop install some aftermarket ones and now the car has a mild vibration between 20-30 when accelerating lightly up to moderately. Goes away around 40 or under moderate to hard acceleration.

Satisfied for now, because it didn't cost me much, but I can see myself revisting this and going with OEM or raxle remans down the road. It's too bad there isn't a TSB campaign from Acura to give us all a break on this. My car only had 50k miles on it when it started doing it and got to be unbearable at 63k. I would hate to think I have to do this again at 100k but it'll take me 4 or 5 years to get that many miles, if I keep it that long. Love the car, but overall disapointed with Honda for what detracts greatly from the experience.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts