Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know these types of posts generally factor down to personal preferences but I would love to have some local opinions on the addition of either a decklid or wing spoiler.

I've seen the decklid in person. I have not seen the wing in person. The more I've seen photos though, the more I've really felt like one or the other would be a nice finishing touch to the special edition package.

This is how my car sits at the moment;

Wing spoiler;

Decklid spoiler;

·
Registered
54 Posts
I've considered this as well. I have a '12 SE and I really think the decklid spoiler is the finishing touch. I do like the wing, but I just feel like it adds too much height to the rear end.

I just installed mine this weekend and it looks amazing with the SE trim. Go decklid, you won't regret it.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hammer are you local? I'd love to see the decklid in person on a SE

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hammer are you local? I'd love to see the decklid in person on a SE
Sorry, I'm not, I'm all the way across the country - lol.

Here's a pic... I went with an all 3M tape install with some GE2000 Silicon adhesive. The only problem I had doing that way and not with the drilling, is that I ****ed up and there's a gap difference on either side on the top of the trunk. It's minimal and only I will notice, but it still bugs me a bit. You can see the gap on the second image.. there's a smaller bit of space on the right as opposed to the left.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Hammer. And everyone else. I've always been a wing guy; (lol at the CR wing) and I like the wing spoiler a lot, but I want to see in person or pics on the SE bumper. So that image you provided helps.

Seems like most with the a-spec bumper seem to fit the wing better and those with the normal bumper fit the decklid better, but the SE bumper is kind of in the middle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts