Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2012 TSX has a damaged driver-side headlight assembly. The headlight modular assembly, itself,
is functioning properly, it's just not being held in place correctly. Apparently the previous owner had a 'minor' accident; an impact which knocked the entire headlight modular unit loose. I can't see exactly how it should attach properly to the car. The local Acura dealer said the entire bumper would need to be removed and because of the shoddy repair, there is no way to tell what all would be involved to fix it. I took it to a local Honda Body Shop today. The diagnosis was to replace the modular unit ($995!!) plus the labor involved for a grand total of $1500.00 AND I was told 'there is no telling what all could be involved without tearing it apart first!' Any suggestions?

·
Registered
218 Posts
That doesn't sound outrageous to me. Wouldn't hurt to see if anywhere else can do cheaper but electronics are expensive. Maybe a private shop would use used parts instead of the new part that Honda would but that seems realistic.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts