Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Element crossover wasn’t exactly the sales hit Honda was hoping for, but the Japanese automaker will reportedly give the funky CUV a second chance with an all-new model. The Element hit the market in 2003 and has only received minor updates.

Although the Element hasn’t set the sales charts on fire, it is drawing a different buyer into Honda showrooms. As such, Honda execs are keen to keep a vehicle like the Element in production. “Our specialty vehicles give a little spice to the brand,” John Mendel, Honda’s executive vice president, told Automotive News. “It’s all about platform usability. And the Element is part of that strategy.”

According to Honda’s findings, Element buyers rarely –if ever – cross-shop the Element with its platform mate, the Honda CR-V. “In the showroom you couldn’t get most Element buyers to even sit in a CR-V,” Mende said. As such, Honda wants to keep a more flexible and youth-oriented vehicle in showrooms, even if the current Element isn’t selling as well as expected.

Honda originally set an internal sales goal of 75,000 Element sales per year, but only managed a high of 67,500 units during its first year on the markets. Sales have been on the slide since then, with only 13,500 Element sales tallied this year. But still, the Element is attracting a different kind of buyer to the Honda showroom.

Mende failed to give any details on the Element replacement, including if the new model would carry the Element nameplate. However, as the Element is now approaching its 7th birthday, we suspect the new model will be available sooner rather than later.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
Nice. I used to have an Element. I loved it for it's space and "unique" look. My wife and daughter loved it too. There's a loyal following for it as well.

·
straight (father) hood!
2,362 Posts
My wife sport an 07 SC, HID, and CAI. Does he just fine. And move all kinds of stuff with it.
Nice! pictures? Any other plans for it?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I have a few that are kind of in the background of my other car.... I will have to take a few, but we got it for a good price, not even 1000 over the price of the standard, no destination or anything.

We have a kid and a dog and everrything... so it is fairly useful. I wish they had a turbo diesel option...

Plans - a custom exhaust in the not too distant future. She likes the ride height, so I am not allowed to touch that. Considering the ingalls engine torque dampener, and if hondata makes a unit for hers, which seems doubtful, I would tune the AFR leaner for better mileage. Immediate plans - new tires, as the ones on the rims have 40k on them. Probably within the next 10k miles get some new yokohama's..... the tread depth is fine, but I have not run factory tires for that long before.

Other than that it's paid off... so let the good times roll.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts