Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
freddiep
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took my car in for brake flush and fill. Dealer tells me need new rear brake pads. Had the first set replaced at 39K and was reimbursed $125 via the Honda Brake Settlement. Now at 75K and had the brakes replaced (Got only 36K out of the second set.) Called Acura and they were of no help. I looked at the settlement agreement and it states "Honda may reimburse you for future Rear Brake Pad replacements." Has anyone out there been able to submit a second settlement request?

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
36k on brakes? thats about right man? i mean here in LI we go through them way quicker than that cause of all the stop and go. but to me 36k is good honestly

·
iVTEC no koe
1,913 Posts
Might as well just swap out the rears for aftermarkets. I put on HP Plus rears on 68,547km (because I didn't like the OEM ones). Car currently has 166,xxx, with the SAME pads, they are looking around 1/3->1/4 left.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I have 26KM on my 2009 Acura TSX and apparently my rear brake pads are 85% used with 4mm left............

Going to be taking this in to the dealer on Friday but come on........ 26KM? I'm not even a guy that brakes hard.

Thank God for the lawsuit settlement.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts