Acura TSX Forum banner

2nd thoughts on tsx:/

2K views 21 replies 14 participants last post by  whatsanacura 
#1 ·
I always see g35's and say damn I wish i drove that. What do you guys think about the 05/06 g35 6mt? I wanna know because im so close to trading/selling my tsx and grabbing one if my dad lets me. Also what would you guys guess would be the price diff on insurance from a 05/06 6mt g35 and 06 AT Tsx? Please give me ALL thoughts about this before I do anything drastic!

#2 ·
G35's are nice. but i see them EVERYWHERE. couple months ago i was about to make the same move as you but then i realized i didnt need to.

#3 ·
i love the G, (only in coupe tho :/ )

but with the gas prices now, i think you should hold off that decision

#6 ·
I know the insurance will be a significant amount higher vs the tsx. But hey if you do not like the power of the tsx, don't care about gas prices, and have the opportunity for the g35 then go for it. Get a 06/MT/Coupe though. My brother has one and they are a lot more fun to drive but they do suck on gas...
IMO tsx is a better DD though

#11 ·
If I were go the G35 coupe route, I second MMsTSX's recomendation for 07+ -

Interior build quality seems to be a little lower compared to the TSX in terms of tactile feel and materials used, but that's more of a personal thing. The shifter doesn't feel as precise as the TSX either, but the power and exhaust note justifies the move in my eyes. Coilovers, lip kit, and a set of staggered 19's in proper fitment and you got yourself a clean whip.

#17 ·

just saying

#20 ·
With gas prices the way they are now I suggest sticking with the TSX, also they're set to rise even more this summer. And the G burns at least 20% more gas especially in city driving.

#21 ·
my buddy drives a G35, it is a really nice car but the gas sucks, hes getting 23-25 mpg in the highway and 17 on the city. driving only 20 miles and i can already tell the gas needle is going down, thats a no-no for me but if you dont mind paying the extra insurance+extra gas then feel free to do so. but if i was to get a car that eats that much gas i would just get a K20 CRX and call it a day

#22 ·
my buddy drives a G35, it is a really nice car but the gas sucks, hes getting 23-25 mpg in the highway and 17 on the city. driving only 20 miles and i can already tell the gas needle is going down, thats a no-no for me but if you dont mind paying the extra insurance+extra gas then feel free to do so. but if i was to get a car that eats that much gas i would just get a K20 CRX and call it a day
+1 to that part, check this out:

1988 Honda CRX HF - Old Dog, New Tricks - Honda Tuning Magazine

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.