Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took my 08 TSX with 28k miles on it today to Jax to get my window fixed (tinters jacked it up) and they gave me a 2010 TSX loaner car since I had the recalled fixed also. One thing I immediately noticed was the overall quality didn't seem up to par compared to my 08. I mean it was still nice and all and had some great new features, but the interior trim seemed cheap, like around the shifter and where the VSA button is. The engine compartment trim looked cheap and generic and the trunk did not sound solid like the 08.

Is it just me, or does anyone else feel like Acura may have skimped on quality in order to add features to the 2nd gen TSXs?

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i never owend a 1st gen before, but a lot of people compaliend abou tthe same thing. i think they did reduce some quality to reduce price lol. how u liek the perofrmance?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It wouldn't go into VTEC though (maybe the dealer puts 87 octane in). Other than that, it was pretty damn nice performance.

·
Slow but turns
2,961 Posts
Was it the V6 or the 4 cylinder? because when i had a 2010 TL for my loaner, the interior was big and nice, but the outside was fat and fugly, the trunk was pretty ok.

but compared to my TSX, the TL has too many blind spots and when looking through the rearview mirror it is hard to see everything because the back window is so small.

sorry for a little off topic but my point is that i like the older generation cars compared to the newer ones. hopefully they make some better designs in the next 3 years or so. 3rd generation TSX FTW(Hopefully)

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I am taking my 06 tsx in for service in the next few weeks. I usually get a tl as a loaner car but this time I am going to request a tsx so I can compare.

·
Registered
1,370 Posts
i took my tsx in for a service and they gave me a tsx as a loaner.............man was i disappointed.........the car itself has less than 3000km and the sunroof lining is coming apart......and the load of buttons is just confusing

·
Registered
53 Posts
sorry to be off topic but... what kind of service are all you guys doing when you get a loaner car? I bought my tsx from the dealer and they say they only give out loaner cars if the car is not road worthy or if the service will take overnight. Is that normal or are they being cheap?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I usually request a loaner car when I do not want to wait around to have the car serviced. (That means having more than just an oil change). I give them enough notice. Never have a problem getting one. My car no longer has a warranty-ran out when the car was 18 months old (50,000 miles)

·
Mark
2 Posts
I just sent a detailed letter to 3 upper execs at Honda/Acura as well as the general "Client Services" fax number regrading the poor quality I feel my 09 TSX has. Been driving Honda/Acuras since 1986, this new 2nd gen TSX jsut feels cheap. Light plastic door handles, jiggly headliner, vibrating brakes, engine ping, rough gliding power seats. My 98 CL was a much more solid car. Acura client services called me 20 minutes after I sent the fax. They'll take care of the vibrating brakes (warpped rotors - already) and the seats. But as the dealer said over and over - the engine ping is normal. Sounds cheap! Car is sharp - just wish it was put together better.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have an 08 and have driven the 09 and 10 as loaners. Perhaps because I went for a luxury look in my 08 (parchment interior with the wood grain trim kit), I find the 2nd gen interior a bit stark and plasticky. It's the little things:

- the dashboard looks like styrofoam that has been spray-painted black
- the e-brake button and door handles have a lightweight plastic feel
- the gauges are cramped (especially the MID) and have a cheap look (they are gorgeous at night, though)
- except for the grippy steering wheel, the instruments, buttons and handles seem to have a lower tactile feel than the 08.

I am pushing 40, so probably years past the demographic Acura is aiming for with the TSX. Maybe I should mosey over to the RL forum....

·
Registered
211 Posts
I will not consider replacing my TSX with another Acura until the next redesign. The current design for all their models (with the possible exception of the MDX) suck. Now throw in the fact that the quality seems to be declining and there's no way I would pay a lot of money for one of the current ones.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I
I am pushing 40, so probably years past the demographic Acura is aiming for with the TSX. Maybe I should mosey over to the RL forum....
My guess as well is that the car is targeted to 20 or 30 somethings....but in about every TSX I've seen, it's been driven by someone appearing to be in our age bracket(let's just say 40 or 40ish. Not sure how old those of us who post are, but on the street, we are the predominant drivers(those between 40-50). Just my observation...and that spans 1st and 2nd gen cars.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have a 10' and my driver door panel rattle in the top corner by the tweeter, my rear passenger oh shit handle rattles, I have a clunk when slowing and accelerating that is minor but there and there is more wind noise than I would expect from a car of this caliber, then I remember it is just an Accord with better seats and stiffer suspension.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I don't know what 2009 TSXs you folks are driving, but i am as happy as can be with mine. I had a 2004 which i loved dearly but wanted a car with nav and a lot of the little features that had been added over the years (e.g., auto on-off headlights). The 2009 is easily the best car i've ever owned, a major step forward from the 2004 in terms of rough spots (excessively jittery ride, excessive noise on some road surfaces, etc.).

·
Registered
299 Posts
I have an 08 and took a 2010 V6 as a loaner while my 08 had the recall done. I like it, it seemed like the same level of luxury inside. Feels just as small inside but outside it looks much bigger, not sure how they got that. Drove nice, much faster than mine, of course. The dashboard was confusing with so many buttons but not as bad as German cars.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
1st gen is just CLEAN. 2nd gen is a mess. 2nd gen should have stayed with I4 only and TL shouldn't have been that ugly...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts