Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've seen many OEM acura site selling the sensor at aroun 69$
but when I get a quote on tire discount, they apparently add 4 sensor at 28$ each...

I have no doubt this is aftermarket and it's not a problem for me... My question is... will it work out right out of the bat with my car ??

Would you guys trust that product at that price ?

Not to mention, they offer 45$ Lugs kit, is it any good and worth the money ?

The items I want are also listed as "special order" so I'm gusseing the delivery is delayed... by long ?

Thank you

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
i have no experience with this, but watch out. some times these aftermarket ones have to be programed to work with the factory tpms system, but some dont.

·
未来へと
2,253 Posts
Not sure about other brands...

But OEM Honda tpms sensors does not need programming. If someone tells you that it needs programming then they dont know what theyre talking about or theyre ripping you off for programming fees.

Just install it in your tire, let the car run for 5 min and the system will automatically read it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I got the $28 ones from Discount tire and they work perfect. No need to reset anything on the car. Just mount your rims and you are good.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Not to mention, they offer 45$ Lugs kit, is it any good and worth the money ?

The items I want are also listed as "special order" so I'm gusseing the delivery is delayed... by long ?

Thank you
1. They probably work fine, but i personally wouldn't risk it unless there were reviews or there was evidence of being made well. You get what you pay for and for something as important as lugs that holds the wheels to the car, I say go with something reputable.

2. Call the shop and ask them how long "special order" takes.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts