Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Hello guys I recently mounted some 30mm spacer along with my stock setup and it looks great!! one problem though, I rub like crazy on sharp turns or big dips. I have my fenders rolled but I rub towards the back where the plactic rear bumper begins. right on the inner blk plastic where the screw goes into hold the rear bumper. any suggestions. I'm thinking camber out the back a little . I am only rubbing on inner blk plastic. not the actual body. please help. How to you hella flush guys do it? do you roll the platic portion of the bumper as well? the guy that rolled my fenders only did the metal area and said you don't roll the platic bumper. please help. I am going to get some camber tomorrow but there is anything else please feel free to have input!

·
My car whines
637 Posts
I'm running 18x8 +35 which should only be a 3mm difference between your setup. I was also slightly rubbing in that area (inner liner right where the screw is; not the bumper). What I did was take the whole liner out and cut out that part that was rubbing. If that doesn't help than you may have to look into relocating the bumper mounting point...OR just take the easy way out and raise the car up lol. You can try running like -2 or -2.5 degrees of camber but that may not be enough since you're running stock 50 series tires which have quite a bit of sidewall compared to lower profile tires.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I think I will try the heat gun approuch, if all else fails ill try pulling out the liner and cutting a portion out and if that fails. I'm going 25mm spacers lol the 30's look so good though! thanks guys for the help!! appreciate it.

·
Registered
857 Posts
TBH I'm having more of an issue with rubbing the fender. The rears don't seem open to rolling flat like the fronts, I think I'll go back and get a little more out of it and trim the liner more.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heated up my inner liner and pushed it all in, and my fenders are rolled to the point that they def do not touch. some of the back bumper was rubbing so I heated it up and cut a portion off. I"m just rubbing on that damn Screw now that holds the rear bumper in. I just dont know what to do about the screw! damn thing is pissing me off lol.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Could you take a photo of your rear fenders? I'm just weary of going too far with rolling because of the body lines and it being a quarter panel.

·
Registered
283 Posts
NICE Zulu! yeah, when i had the 30's on my stocks i had to shave more of the liner off inside pull the fronts (phone book method) and in the rear i have like a degree of camber and relocated the tab for safe measure.

or take off your whole liner inside...

Either way youre going to rub dude. After all that i still rubbed going up drive ways and stuff.I feel like in this fitment game if youre not rubbing youre not doing it right my 2 cents

good luck im glad you like the spacers

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,958 Posts
Remove the screw and bend the part the screw screws into up. Should eliminate all your rubbing
The bumper will stay in place securely even without the screw. Mine rubbed off at some point and bent up naturally when I had 19's

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Remove the screw and bend the part the screw screws into up. Should eliminate all your rubbing
The bumper will stay in place securely even without the screw. Mine rubbed off at some point and bent up naturally when I had 19's
your the man!! thanks!! this will be my next approach this weekend!! Ill will keep you guys posted on my progress and upload pics of it all to help future members.

·
Registered
857 Posts
NICE Zulu! yeah, when i had the 30's on my stocks i had to shave more of the liner off inside pull the fronts (phone book method) and in the rear i have like a degree of camber and relocated the tab for safe measure.

or take off your whole liner inside...

Either way youre going to rub dude. After all that i still rubbed going up drive ways and stuff.I feel like in this fitment game if youre not rubbing youre not doing it right my 2 cents

good luck im glad you like the spacers
Amen.

I'm happy with how it turned out, you can see a phone photo of it in my build thread. I'll go back soon and heat/shave the liner some more, I'm damn close. Rears I'll dial in a little more camber and never think about it again. Would like +5mm more in the front, but not going to bother -- just go moar low.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Seattle,WA
1,465 Posts
All the stances guys run stretched tires and negative camber. Hard to stretch tires on the stock wheels though lol. Not wide enough. You could always raise it a tad. Post up some pictures of your setup.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
update!
30mm spacers on.
Before:

AFTER:

(I ended up cutting/ shaping some of the back bumper and removing the screw completly and bending the tap up ward.(Johnny thanks for the advise) has plenty of support without this screw no worries! this is a pic from the mid way point. I ended up having a nice smooth cut and absolutly no rubbing at all!! so happy and the car looks great!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.