Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have put a deposit on a Tsx and have wondered what people thought, No bias of course whether or not tehy would buy a new Tsx lets say 26000 or a 2002 325 xi 28000. The TSX gets better gas mileage and is quicker and generally more reliable, that is consumer eports gave the 3 series a horrible review, yet it is a BMW and it has been one of C and R s bets for so many years, just looking for some input and thought i would appreciate it or any experiences,

·
Registered
30 Posts
Have thought about the same thing and looked into the 325xi myself (love the AWD). But with the beemer you are going to pay for every single extra....no power moonroof, no heated or power seats, no premium audio, no HID lights UNLESS you pay big bucks for them. That 325 xi likely ends up well over 30k outfitted as well as TSX. And like you said, Consumer reports has rated BMW reliability extremely low. There's nothing like the quality and value of an Acura, and with the TSX, finally a sporty, capable 4 door sedan.

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
I'm in the same boat but not considering the TSX vs the 3 series, but vs. a A4 1.8T. I'm gonna choose the TSX because of gas mileage, reliablility, and overall the car is a better value and will give me more service than I will have to provide the car. The A4 gives you all the goodies the TSX offers minus the navi for about the same price. russm- I think you made the right choice with TSX.
quote: There's nothing like the quality and value of an Acura, and with the TSX, finally a sporty, capable 4 door sedan.
Couldn't have said it better myslef.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Good points lovemyaccord......along with 325 I also have looked at the A4 1.8T and really love it, but the extras add up and the reliability is poor. Go TSX!

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Both the A4 1.8T and the 325 are really nice cars and probably worth their price(depending on how much you are raking in), but overall the TSX is just a better car. First it's an Acura- so you know you will get a reliable car with a little bit of luxury. If they get the pricing right on the car and really place it between the RSX and TL ( I know this has been reiterated numerous times) they will really reach their 15,000 units sold in no time considering the world economy. I know the A4 1.8T has 170hp and does the 60 from standstill in the 7-8 seconds range, do either of you have performance stats for the bimmer? I know they don't really pack in the hps but they got good torque numbers and handling/braking are usually quite impressive.
All that said----- Go TSX!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
they have quoted the 325xi all wheel drive stick around 6.8 to automatic 7.8 seconds, but ppor gas mileage. Never buy an Audi. Its unrelioabkle poor resale and the service stinks.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
dmghent said:
Have thought about the same thing and looked into the 325xi myself (love the AWD). But with the beemer you are going to pay for every single extra....no power moonroof, no heated or power seats, no premium audio, no HID lights UNLESS you pay big bucks for them. That 325 xi likely ends up well over 30k outfitted as well as TSX. And like you said, Consumer reports has rated BMW reliability extremely low. There's nothing like the quality and value of an Acura, and with the TSX, finally a sporty, capable 4 door sedan.
I agree with this :D

·
Registered
6 Posts
russm said:
I have put a deposit on a Tsx and have wondered what people thought, No bias of course whether or not tehy would buy a new Tsx lets say 26000 or a 2002 325 xi 28000. The TSX gets better gas mileage and is quicker and generally more reliable, that is consumer eports gave the 3 series a horrible review, yet it is a BMW and it has been one of C and R s bets for so many years, just looking for some input and thought i would appreciate it or any experiences,
Hard for me to believe you have found a BMW 325xi for 28K in this country. It must be really stripped. I looked as well but the only ones I found had sunroof, lux package, wheel package which brought the content up to close to the TSX's and a sticker of 34K US dollars. I just don't get BMW...great handling....great looks....all but unusable back seat (dwarfs and children excluded) and an incredibly small trunk. Great car but they need to brig back a poten 4 cyl version to compete in the price areana with TSX (and no I don't mean the underpowered 1.8 litre from the 318i).

·
Registered
42 Posts
Finally...

In the last three months I had been thinking whether I should get a TSX or a 325i, and finally I got the 325i. I did the comparison, lot of research like many of you and leaned towards TSX in the beginning....

With the handling, name brand, a Bimmer is definitely over an Acura. When it comes to price, it is obvious that Germans cost more. You will get less features when you compare a TSX with a 325i plus premium package while you pay $3-4K more. Though, BMW now has special financing(as less as 2.9%), 48K/5-yr free maintenance include brakes, and the 03 models prices are pretty much on sale to leave lot space for 04s', the deal becomes more attractive.

If you believe you get less and pay more for a 325i (w premium pkg), think this way:

Heated front seats-
Do you need a heated seat when you go to the bathroom? After you warm your own seat few minutes after driving, it makes no difference.

6-CD changer-
As far as the 6-CD changer - you can do it yourself for few hundred bucks more. Gas mileage? How much do you save for few miles per gallon?

200 HP Vs 185HP(325i)-
You are overloading your i4 for the extra 15HP

Bi-Xineon headlamps-
Do you look at them while you're driving, do you care how other driver think of your strong lights?

17 inch wheels-
Better gripping?

I struggled so much in the past to convince myself to buy a dressed up Euro Accord at MSRP, but with the better price, free maintenance, and financing, it took me no time to think buying the 325i.

Few years down the road, just like the Miata, TSX will no longer sustain to ask for MSRP and your up-front premium/interest would be paid in vain. If you still like TSX, don't rush now, it will push up the demand and make Acura more arrogant, hence make big $$$ out of the consumers! Bottom line, I like Acura and TSX, nevertheless, the supply and demand drives everything but not necessary a rational phenomena.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts