Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has gone with the licensing option?

I can't decide if it's worth it or not (just pony up for the whole thing) and there's always the risk of moving away from the area the shop is in...

·
Scientisting since 2005
1,232 Posts
2006 Hondata Reflash = $295
2006 Hondata Flashpro = 695+50

Not sure what your talking about

reflash is one simple generic tune, once its done, its always the same no matter what mods you ever have in life.... no options, no customization

flashpro is a fully adjustable tuning system, customize your tune based on your mods and what you do in the future down the road, tons of options

these are completely different from each other ^

Hondata - Honda ECU Modification and Enhancement

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
^ He's talking about this one: Flashpro Dealer reflash

firstsx, I don't think you can go that option, or more correctly not worth the swap, since you have an 06 ecu. That option only works on 07-08 ecu.

·
-
1,624 Posts
^ He's talking about this one: Flashpro Dealer reflash

firstsx, I don't think you can go that option, or more correctly not worth the swap, since you have an 06 ecu. That option only works on 07-08 ecu.

^^Exactly.

Read the technical information on the Hondata website CLOSELY.

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
CalgaryTSX please read CLOSELY... Let me clarify for you since you never seem to have anything useful to say except for your useless, exaggerated and just plain dumbass comments.

Im well aware i need 07-08 ecu i have one in waiting. My question was if anyone had thought about this option and/ or if they had it.
NOT something useless like, will this work for me because i can't read a website.
Seriously what the F.

NOT TALKING about the reflash for $295. Hondata offers the licence for $350 for flashpro. Like i stated in my op.

So thank you cYn for being the only one to know what im talking about and to offer advice accordingly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
-
1,624 Posts
FirstTSX, why all the emotion in a technical discussion?
I was following up Cyn's post which stated exactly what I stated.
Emotion is useless in any technical disusssion and accomplishes nothing.

Back to the technical discussion:

Since you have a 2006 TSX it makes no sense to buy & install a 2007-8 ECU just to install the Hondata dealer reflash when you can just send in your original ECU to Hondata in California for the same thing.
It's only 2 or 3 day turnaround in the US/Chicago to send your ECU to them for the reflash.

If you already have a 2007-08 TSX ECU, then you are already past the biggest hurdle.
I recommend that you purchase the full Hondata Flashpro programmer & 2004-06 adapter harness.

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FirstTSX, why all the emotion in a technical discussion?
I was following up Cyn's post which stated exactly what I stated.
Emotion is useless in any technical disusssion and accomplishes nothing.
You just never seem to add anything meaningful to any of my questions. ever. it gets old real quick.

Back to the technical discussion:

Since you have a 2006 TSX it makes no sense to buy & install a 2007-8 ECU just to install the Hondata dealer reflash when you can just send in your original ECU to Hondata in California for the same thing.
It's only 2 or 3 day turnaround in the US/Chicago to send your ECU to them for the reflash.
It's not the reflash, its flashpro, licence option- custom tune... the reflash was never a question.

If you already have a 2007-08 TSX ECU, then you are already past the biggest hurdle.
I recommend that you purchase the full Hondata Flashpro programmer & 2004-06 adapter harness.
Thank you for your recommendation.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Just did a quick search of the hondata website and couldnt find the answer to this question. Im in the same boat as you. Trying to figure which one to go with and it sounds like you know more about the liscencing option than i do. First off, after i finish the mods on my list im not going to do anything else unless i go SC (very unlikely, unless i grow a money tree and at that point i shouldnt be mad to spend another 700 to tune it after dropping 4g's+) Right now im stockpiling parts for my 2007 to do full intake and exhaust consisting of Comptech icebox, RBC manifold, Hondata gasket w TB mod, WR Header, Magnaflow Exhaust. Also for more fuel im planning on installing the RDX injectors and the 45* VTC. I plan on doing this all at once so i dont have to spend extra on tuning (one and done). My question is, with the liscensing tuning can all this be tuned efficiently or is there a limit to what can be done? The Hondata liscenced tuner near me mentioned that he could do the dyno tune but he didnt say what all he could control? If everything can be controlled like the flashpro i dont see the point of the flashpro for me because i dont plan on doing anything else unless its major.

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
its the same flashpro they sell for $700. but you don't get the adapter that you get to plug in and tune yourself.
for $350 the dealer will install flashpro to your ecu and dyno tune it. if you want to ever change it, you will have to pay your dealer only dyno fees, and they will re-tune.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
That's what I figured. That's awesome.

Sent from my PC36100 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
-
1,624 Posts
The $350 Hondata dealer installed program does NOT include any kind of dyno time or custom tuning to your engine.

From the Hondata website: Flashpro Dealer reflash

Price: $350 - plus any additional custom tuning as arranged with your dealer.

If you can find a Hondata dealer that will reflash your 2007-08 ECU with a custom dyno tune with your car on a chassis dyno for $350, you should go straight there!

For $350 dollars, you are going to take your TSX (with a 2007-08 ECU & with the Hondata harness adapter already installed & sync'd if your car is 2004-06) to a local Hondata dealer.
The Hondata dealer will flash an "off the shelf tune" into your car.
The tune chosen will be dependent on the configuration and modifications to your car.

If you car is near stock with a couple of bolt ons (eg, intake, header, pulleys...). The tune installed will be nearly identical, if not identical, to the standard Hondata reflash that you would get if you sent your 2004-6 ECU to Hondata in California to be reflashed.

The standard Hondata reflash has been around & fine tuned for years. For a typical mild TSX, with no dyno tuning, or data logging, it is a proven, safe and most predictable tune to install.

This is why I believe that to install a 2007-08 TSX ECU into a 2004-06 TSX plus the Hondata adapter harness, plus getting it synced from your Honda dealer & then to just get a Hondata dealer reflash is not be worth it.

If you just want the standard Hondata reflash on your 2004-06 TSX, it makes sense to me to just send in your ECU.

This is just my opinion, logically looking at the options. As I've mentioned before, discussing all these options is excellent.
So much better than if there were very few or no options for TSX ECU tuning, thanks to Hondata. :thumbsup:

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
king motor sports in WI, includes the dyno the first time. and charges dyno time only to re-tune in the future...

but yes it may not be a viable option, if you can't find an 07/08 ECU for cheap then its really not worth it. the entire flashpro option is not a good option if you've just got a few bolt ons... then the $295 reflash is probably best

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
king motor sports in WI, includes the dyno the first time. and charges dyno time only to re-tune in the future...

but yes it may not be a viable option, if you can't find an 07/08 ECU for cheap then its really not worth it. the entire flashpro option is not a good option if you've just got a few bolt ons and have to purchase new ECU and adapter... then the $295 reflash is probably best

·
Registered
874 Posts
THis is my thought process on this one.....hope it helps lol....Buy the license for $350. tune the car for free since first time is included. then save up another $350. u get a $100 rebate if you buy the license and then decide to buy the flash pro. $350 is a lot easier to cough up than $700 + 07-08 ECU cost. so buy the license get a sexy tune for your car, when you get the rest of the money go buy the FLASHPRO so you wont have to depend on a specific shop. sound good? this is actually what im thinking of doing IF EVEN POSSIBLE, i did not realize you could do this. ALso if you sell your reflashed 06 ECU you will make some of the money back, even less to come up with. SO pay 50% up front then 50% later
"Can a I upgrade later to FlashPro?
Yes. There is a $100 rebate from Hondata."

I think this is how it works? i could be wrong. my apologies if i am, slightly noobish when it comes to flash pro.

·
5,036 Posts
No, it is not half now, half later. It's half now, 595 later. Totaling to 945.

firstsx, when you said King Motor Sports includes dyno the first time, do you mean just the dyno and not dyno tune? Because it's hard to believe there's a service out there that will do custom dyno tune for $350 with the FlashPro.

·
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well he said they will dyno tune it the first time and if i want to change anything later i have to just pay for dyno time... I am going to call and confirm again... But i made sure to ask if there were any other costs and he did not indicate so.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
5,036 Posts
^ if KMS really does that service, people need to know more about this. Cause that is what I called an excellent deal

1 - 19 of 19 Posts