Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I went into Barns&Nobles this afternoon and picked up a Dec. to Jan. issue of "Honda Tuning" and it had the DAZZ TSX on the bottom right of the cover. "TURBO'D TSX"..."custom kit pushes 370HP." So i turn to the article and im reading it...HKS makes the turbo for this TSX..HKS usually works with Supra's and other cars like Nissan but never really with Honda's/Acura's. Then i continue to read and then noticed that the 370HP is 370WHP!! So im look "Bullsh!t" Then i read more.. 306lb-ft Torque!! Then all my excitement comes down when i read "What a shame then to learn that HKS has no plans to produce this turbo kit" And then my excitement comes up again when then reading.. "I take that back. Given enough interest, HKS says they could bring the kit to market. TSX owners, you hear that?" Ok here is what we can do as a Group..as a Community..as a Culture..as a Unity!..CALL or EMAIL HKS TO HAVE THIS KIT MADE FOR US ALL!!... even if you guys are not interested in a Turbocharger, do it for the ones who might be interested. We are suppose to be here for each other, which is why we are apart of forums like these..It will help put the TSX on the map of the tuner world also.. More kits will come out, being either turbochargers and/or superchargers. I would love to have this kit also..and i know alot of others might as well.. So who's with me??

For HKS Product Technical Questions:

By phone
(310) 491 3300
M thru F 8am-5pm PST

By mail
HKS USA
13401 S. Main Street
Los Angeles, CA 90061

By FAQ
www.hksusa.com/faq

Reactions: churrrddd

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
I have been dying to turbo my tsx. 370 WHP doesnt sound that bad to me. I have sent my email...

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
and 380whp is roughly abt 481 crank hp ~

·
Alvin aka Vinnie
305 Posts
lol this is kinna old the dazz sport TSX has been around since the 04's came out.. but yeah it is a good idea id love to see my TSX turbo'ed.. and i will email them wen im not at school

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
i'm gonna have to look for this issue. would like to see what the setup looks like.

·
Registered
164 Posts
VorteC said:
is it FWD... cuz geez hell no if it is.
exactly.... would you really want that much WHP for your daily car on a FWD? Only application would be for dragging... i think that it ruins the nice balance the car... massive understeer in the corners, torque steer problems...

If you really did get that turbo, imagine all the other things you'ld have to upgrade... cam shafts, cam gears, retainers, valves, clutch, & you wouldn't be using stock brakes to stop a 300+whp car right?... ( i hope not )

maybe just for a show car...
but as I get the impression that most of the TSX owners here are "everyday" drivers, it may sound nice to have all that extra Hp, but at what cost?

·
Registered
298 Posts
fayez_mui said:
exactly.... would you really want that much WHP for your daily car on a FWD? Only application would be for dragging... i think that it ruins the nice balance the car... massive understeer in the corners, torque steer problems...

If you really did get that turbo, imagine all the other things you'ld have to upgrade... cam shafts, cam gears, retainers, valves, clutch, & you wouldn't be using stock brakes to stop a 300+whp car right?... ( i hope not )

maybe just for a show car...
but as I get the impression that most of the TSX owners here are "everyday" drivers, it may sound nice to have all that extra Hp, but at what cost?
why would understeer be affected just by adding horsepower, it would only be affected if your driving it that much harder into corners and then of course understeer would be more pronounced, but if you drive it like you always did before nothing should change aside from the fact that you have ton´s of power available when you want it?

and there is no need to change your valvetrain just cause your turboing, clutch would be something worth looking into and brakes are pretty stout as is, might wanna change discs and pads(ain´t expensive).

only downsides I would see is the reliability of a turbo car and the fact that HKS stuff costs alot.

I think I would just wait for redshift to come out with that supercharger kit?

·
Registered
206 Posts
if this is the same hks tsx i remember seeing a while ago then yeah we can have a turbo tsx but we wont have abs, a/c, a working speedo and other stuff.

what people dont understand is that you cant just slap a turbo onto a car and call it a day. especially one that makes that much power. i would say this set up with installation would run you 15k+

have to upgrade the drive train, brakes, plus you would definatly be voiding your warranty if you still have one. imo its not worth it. i went from a rb20'd 240sx to a tsx because i was sick of having to fix shit on my car.

i dont think torque steer would be an issue though.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
If you don't want to use your ABS, A/C, VSA, Cruise Control, and Guage --> Go Ahead

If you have $30,000+ USD to spare on this custom Turbo kit --> Go Ahead

·
Alvin aka Vinnie
305 Posts
yeah it is a horrible numbe for a FWD car.. especially for daily drivers.. the Dazz Sport is a FWD tsx.. but its engine has been gutted.. meaning no luxury items such as AC and power steering .. oh nvm i didnt see the above comment.. yes good call :werd: :stupid: minus the stupid

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,748 Posts
hyun said:
if this is the same hks tsx i remember seeing a while ago then yeah we can have a turbo tsx but we wont have abs, a/c, a working speedo and other stuff.

what people dont understand is that you cant just slap a turbo onto a car and call it a day. especially one that makes that much power. i would say this set up with installation would run you 15k+

have to upgrade the drive train, brakes, plus you would definatly be voiding your warranty if you still have one. imo its not worth it. i went from a rb20'd 240sx to a tsx because i was sick of having to fix shit on my car.

i dont think torque steer would be an issue though.

YEP THIS IS THE SAME TSX I KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT IT WAS YEARS AGO THIS CAME OUT. SORRY TO BUST BUBBLES BUT THIS IS "OLD" NEWS.

·
Registered
24 Posts
The first thing I though of was definitely having to upgrade the tranny. I doubt the MT would be able to handle that sort of HP, and most definitely the AT would not.

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
bhamsan said:
The first thing I though of was definitely having to upgrade the tranny. I doubt the MT would be able to handle that sort of HP, and most definitely the AT would not.
Actually you might be shock when you see this, but it's the opposite. The Honda AT Transmission is quite strong, and might be stronger than the MT. Just because it's sluggish (due to the torque convertor), doesn't mean it can't hold the extra power. Of course, the MT will be eaiser to upgrade w/ clutches and stuff compare w/ torque convertor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
chuson said:
Actually you might be shock when you see this, but it's the opposite. The Honda AT Transmission is quite strong, and might be stronger than the MT. Just because it's sluggish (due to the torque convertor), doesn't mean it can't hold the extra power. Of course, the MT will be eaiser to upgrade w/ clutches and stuff compare w/ torque convertor.
Sweet, that makes me feel good about my car then, seeing as I have an AT. I used to have a 2JZ Supra and the stock AT couldn't hold much power above stock, while the 6 speed MT was able to hold about 600HP or so (if I remember correctly, it was a long time ago).

1 - 20 of 50 Posts