Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2004 TSX in it has close to 50K miles... I'm taking it to the dealer this week to get the center console board replaced and was thinking about having them do the 50K maintenance...
Is this necessary or should I have Quick Lube do their maintenance for less... Thanks...

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
i'm sure it's a rip off..depending on what's required at 50k miles, i'd get the main things done through the dealer and do the rest elsewhere..

·
Registered
46 Posts
There really isn't gonna be much to do at 50k miles. Since you just got it though I'd maybe just do an oil change, check the tranny fluid level, coolant level, air filter, take a look at your cabin air filter, maybe a bottle of fuel injector cleaner. Dealer is probably gonna recommend changing all of these fluids, but just go by your owner's manual and you should be ok.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Since I follow the maintenance minder on my 06 tsx, at 55,548 miles I had the oil/filter change, rotate/balance tires, replace engine air filter, replace a/c cabin pollen filters, hand wash and vacuum car. Dealer told me brake and manual transmission fluids should be changed every 3 years. My car will be 3 years old in Nov. It now has 84,000+miles.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Unless you know for sure what maintenance had been done on the car up the point that you bought it, I would do the following: change oil and filter, change air filter, if it's an automatic change the transmission fluid, change the brake fluid, check the cabin filter, check the wiper blades, check to see that all the lights are working. That's about it. Then, just follow the maintenance minder in the car. Stay away from quick lube places, they can cause more problems than they fix. The dealer is probably ok for this although I'm sure you could get it done cheaper some place else. If it's a manual transmission, I would skip the fluid change. There is really no need to change the oil in a manual transmission ever unless it became contaminated some how. There are no friction elements in a manual that wear and contaminate the fluid like in an automatic.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts