Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm picking them up off a local guy here in San Antonio, they've got 235/35/19's on them right now. I figure I'll probably have to go down to 215's or 225's to avoid rubbing, but if I can keep the 235's on them now with a small camber kit I'm open to the idea. Real question is how much would I rub in the front and poke in the rear?

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
19x8.5/9.5 +35

I'm rolled pulled shaved. With 235's it still rubbed, with 225/40 I liked the look a lot better but it rubbed on semi-hard turns and dips, and on 225/35 i didn't rub. I'm speaking for the rears. No rubbing up front on 225 35- they're rolled.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Man that is a beautiful set up. So I should probably drop to 225/35 and look in to fender rolling. Just doing some looking online and I'm not finding a whole lot in San Antonio, just a couple guys on Craigslist that "don't make any guarantees your paint won't crack, I've only had it happen a handful of times." Looks like I'm making a trip up to Houston.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ended up getting them, just waiting on my TSX to get back from the shop, been in for 7 weeks :squint: Soon as it gets back the fenders are being rolled/pulled, coilovers are going in, and the new wheels are going on. While I'm waiting for the car, the wheels are going in for a revamp. Guy I picked them up off of bought them off a guy with an 06 TL and put them on his '10 Camry, so they've got some experience. Mirror polishing the lips and painting the faces Arctic White

The offset is +35 btw, typo in the title

·
6,942 Posts
relocate the rear bumper tab while youre back there

·
6,942 Posts
I ended up just removing the screw and let the rubbing bend the tab itself up. THe rubbing seem to have went away. Don't fix it unless its broken, right? Lol

On 19's, you will rub against that screw tab that connects the bumper to the qtr. Or just let it happen, it'll eventually bend itself up

But relocating it should not be difficult. Should be as simple as removing the screw, cutting/bending the tab up, and create a new screw point a few distance away to secure the bumper to the qtr. Either wa it should be pretty tight, even without the screw.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts