Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you are still in the break in period?

I have 40 miles left until that long awaited 600 mile mark.

I can't wait to open her up a little bit, I have been driving like a grandma since I got this car.

Can I rev to any RPM I want (aside from redlining) at 600 miles, or are there more precautions I need to take?

·
Registered
106 Posts
What RPM's are you trying to keep it under? I found it hard to keep at 3K or below (like in my Celica). I am not sure if it's because of the faster gear change in the AT or because I am hitting the gas harder. For example: If I am at 70 MPH and I want to hit 80, in my other car, it would just accelerate slowly. It would drop to 4th only if I really pressed hard. In the TSX, I push it the same amount (not hard) and it drops the gear immediately. This shoots RPMS up to about 4k which I don't like.

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
sygyzy said:
What RPM's are you trying to keep it under? I found it hard to keep at 3K or below (like in my Celica). I am not sure if it's because of the faster gear change in the AT or because I am hitting the gas harder. For example: If I am at 70 MPH and I want to hit 80, in my other car, it would just accelerate slowly. It would drop to 4th only if I really pressed hard. In the TSX, I push it the same amount (not hard) and it drops the gear immediately. This shoots RPMS up to about 4k which I don't like.
Just use SportShift. You can control the shifting then.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts