Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For anyone with the manual tran and metal trim...

Does your stock shift knob match your aluminum accent trim? My shift knob looks like it's more along the lines of a light copper / light bronze color rather than brushed aluminum. It's actually a little bit annoying... I just picked my car up last night (so I guess I'm now an "official" member), and I noticed it right off the bat, but I thought it was just the interior lighting at night. I called my sales rep already, and he said that that's how the shift knob comes... However, he agreed to look at it when I pick up my registration and plates.

Are there different knobs for interiors with the metal trim versus interiors with the wood grain?

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
i noticked it too, i think its only on the 2005, i kinda like it.

its like a bronze color.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Yeah, Ive seen a couple of thread on this, its not the same color, still a great lookin Knob :007:

Lol, Well anyway Congrats on picking up your car, no why are u posting, get out there and drive! :laugh:

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'll post a pic when I get back from my trip... unless, of course, anyone else posts? Visiting some friends and fam in Cali...

If I wanted to order a 2004 knob (if this bronze-ish color is related only to 2005), does anyone know where to get one for a reasonable price? I checked the Honda eStore, and the list price is almost $150. $150 for a knob???!? H and A doesn't carry it on their site, so I assume that the dealers are one of the few places I can obtain one. I've seen the JDM OEM Honda 6MT "Type S" knob (all aluminum with the shift pattern in red) for a little over $50 on various web sites, but I like the leather and metal combo of the stock shifter.

Anywho, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks to all for the congrats --- I have to admit... it sure is nice to finally have the whip. I loved talking on the forum, but it just didn't feel "complete" until I actually got my own! Cheers!

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
$150 for an OEM shift knob?? you must be jokin me.........if it was THAT expensive....i rather get a MOMO shift or other brands.....

is shift knob that important?? to me... they are meant to be changed..... so the OEM doesn't matter that much~

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
anyone know how to take off a shift knob? Is it just a "screw off and screw on" type of deal? If so, are they easy to steal?? LOL

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
u gotta loosen a screw on the bottom of the knob, and then just twist to the left

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Help me find a matching shift knob?

Thought I'd revive this thread b/c I went to my dealer, and they said that they could order me a new shift knob, but that they can't guarantee that it won't be "bronze" since the shift knobs they have on their inventory cars are the same color as mine...

I'm going to try to take pictures tonight so you guys can see the difference. It's subtle, but noticeable. Does anyone know where I can get myself a stock knob that *matches* the metal trim? Any sponsors on the board that might be able to help out?

·
The Peoples Champ
609 Posts
Benz_05TSX said:
$150 for an OEM shift knob?? you must be jokin me.........if it was THAT expensive....i rather get a MOMO shift or other brands.....

is shift knob that important?? to me... they are meant to be changed..... so the OEM doesn't matter that much~

for 150 i'd get the spoon titanium one

and yes a shift knob is important
if your not comfortable in your car especially while shifting
it makes for a ohrrible driving experience

·
Registered
73 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but I am curious to see the color variant between different model years.

I have an 04 6MT with the silver/leather knob with the red numbers/pattern at the top. Do they have one with just plain black numbers/shift pattern at the top insted of the read?

·
Un-Civil Engineer
2,205 Posts
I know this is a really old thread, but I am curious to see the color variant between different model years.

I have an 04 6MT with the silver/leather knob with the red numbers/pattern at the top. Do they have one with just plain black numbers/shift pattern at the top insted of the read?
I would check heeltoeauto.com for shift knob choices. I have been browsing there myself looking for a new one, since mine is scratched from the previous owner. Marcus (MrHeelToe) is very good with questions if you need additional info.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Here´s some poor pics of my 05 Tsx knob. I like it so much that I wouldnt change it for a 150ish spoonish knob. but thats maybe just me.

And here is the 07 Tsx gear knob, it looks more silver and has red numbers.
Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

Sensitive content, not recommended for those under 18
Show Content

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.