Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering if anyone has experienced 6th gear VTEC. I got to about 5000rpms and was going about 130 but i never felt or heard the VTEC kick in like it does in second and third gear.. My CAI sounded like it was going to blow up so i threw it in neutral and slowed down...i guess its time for my BMC replacement.. :drool1: anyway, any 6th gear VTEC stories? :naughty:

·
Denial: a river in Egypt
277 Posts
:tard: How long did it take to go 130? How did the car feel?

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not very long, i have intake and headers and it felt like i was there in no time...i guess cause i was having so much fun... :laugh: with the stock suspension its scary but i was on a straight away so i was ok...it felt like i was riding a cloud... :cool:

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
The only experience I've ever had to VTEC in 6th gear was in the S2000 at the Tochigi Proving Grounds - High Speed Enbankment/Ring doing top speed of 252KM/H almost redlining 6th gear at 8500 RPMs+. Never have the chance to bring the car up to such high speeds on public roads though.

Unless you're on a German Autobarn, going up to such high speeds is fatally dangerous. Not only do the aerodynamics of the car are at the maximum tip but sudden movements will throw the car into chaos.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts

·
your mom goes to college
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hmmm...130 didnt feel that fast...but with the straight-away and me being 17 i guess it really isnt that fast..

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Torque is what makes you feel fast getting to speed, vehicle construction also plays a big fact. In reality, the more sports or race oriented the car is designed aerodynamically. The less speed you'd feel at any speed. It's like making a simple comparison of doing 130 mph in an Echo and comparing the feeling with your TSX, heck you wouldn't want to repeat it again.

·
gas-aholic
208 Posts
i've done 115 in my Land Cruiser. i actually gripped the wheel with both hands..

since the car has the aerodynamics of a brick...it was quite exciting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts