Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished installing some new Infinity Refernce 6x9 speakers on my Rear panel. However , the mounting holes dont align perfectly like the OEM 6x9s. Is there any aftermarket adapters that will align perfectly without drilling any holes on the rear?

·
Registered
1,666 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just installed Polks on my rear deck, had the same problem...I just used a drill and made the holes on the speakers a bit bigger and used the same OEM screws.

On another hand which Infinity model do you have? I ask bc thats the brand I wanted to go until I couldn't find them in 4 ohms resistance...unless you have a after market amp.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just installed Polks on my rear deck, had the same problem...I just used a drill and made the holes on the speakers a bit bigger and used the same OEM screws.

On another hand which Infinity model do you have? I ask bc thats the brand I wanted to go until I couldn't find them in 4 ohms resistance...unless you have a after market amp.
Yeah I ended up drilling bigger holes on the speaker to get them to fit. I Have the Infinity Reference 9632CF. They blow the stock speakers out of the water.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I installed the kappa 6x9s. I the screws and clips that came with them worked alright. Only issue I had was clearing the rod right bellow due to a much larger magnet.

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
I used plastic ring from the old 6x9s, ripped it of and used it as a spacer. I got clear silicon and outlined it from the bottom and top.let that dry and then installed the kappa.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Anyone knows any decent 6 1/2 speakers speakers for the front door that would fit in the stock speaker ring without any modifications ?

·
Premium Member
286 Posts
Kappa 3 ways fit just fine on the rear doors. Front kappa components have a bigger magnet and prevents you from clipping it on the door with the stock housing.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Yeah I ended up drilling bigger holes on the speaker to get them to fit. I Have the Infinity Reference 9632CF. They blow the stock speakers out of the water.
Did you have to do some rewiring to use these? If I understand correctly, the stock rear speakers only receive lower frequencies, so the tweeters on the new ones would be wasted. Is this true? I'd like to install these, but i'm not the handiest. :confused:

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Did you have to do some rewiring to use these? If I understand correctly, the stock rear speakers only receive lower frequencies, so the tweeters on the new ones would be wasted. Is this true? I'd like to install these, but i'm not the handiest. :confused:
THey are very easy to installed all you need is a socket wrench , flat head screw driver and a Metra 72-7800 harness ($6) so you dont have to splice any cables. Right now they're being power by the stock HU so all it plays is the LF. I don't want a sub since I use the trunk quiet often nor do I care about the tweeter. I just wanted an upgrade 6x9 that won't pop at the slightest amount of bass from a song. These have way more bass , better SQ , and dont bottom out with bass heavy songs like the stock speakers.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts