Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Corrotto
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really thinking about replacing the speakers in the rear deck because they make that farting sound when i have the music up. Is it easy to replace them and do you guys think it is easy enough to do it myself? Also, I have a phoenix gold amp and 2 aluminum 12" eclipse subs. I want to hook up the amp and only one of the subs as i really dont need that much bass. Do any of you know if this is easy to do or will i need some sort of converter? I really dont want them screweing around with the Nav unit too much if they have to hook up wires behind it.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,092 Posts
Corrotto said:
I'm really thinking about replacing the speakers in the rear deck because they make that farting sound when i have the music up. Is it easy to replace them and do you guys think it is easy enough to do it myself? Also, I have a phoenix gold amp and 2 aluminum 12" eclipse subs. I want to hook up the amp and only one of the subs as i really dont need that much bass. Do any of you know if this is easy to do or will i need some sort of converter? I really dont want them screweing around with the Nav unit too much if they have to hook up wires behind it.
This is what I would do. First off, just disconnect the 6x9s if you're going to add a subwoofer. In the TSX, the 6x9's only receive bass, so replacing them with a subwoofer will take away any of the distortion they produce. I had some aftermarket x9's from an old car in my rear deck for awhile, and I ended up disconnecting and removing them because I liked the sound better without them.

Sounds like you are going to get the subwoofer installed somewhere. For the install, just tell them to tap into the rear 6x9's with a Line Out Converter. This will provide sound for your Phoenix Gold bass amp. For power/ground they should know where to run the wires, it's pretty standard.

The only signal left for them to get is the Remote turn on wire for the amp. They can get this from 1 of 2 places.
The first place is the OEM amp that sits behind the storage bin. They would not need to remove the Navi unit to get to this wire, the only thing that needs to be removed is the storage bin.
The other place they can get the RTO wire is the FM antenna amp that is on the inside of the rear D pillar on the rear drivers side. If they pop up the SRS warning clip and remove the panel, it should allow them to access the RTO wire there. You might even be able to get to it by looking around that area in the trunk.

Hope this helps! Good luck!

·
TSX and Camaro SS Owner
282 Posts
Good Advice!!! :fro:

·
TSeX Navigator
110 Posts
I just replaced my stock 6x9's with some jbls and they sound a little better. At least they don't pop and crack anymore. Was very easy to replace'm.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts