Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #123
So, got some other goodies in.

I know these are probably fake since they only cost like, $10 but oh well. These are actually just temporary until I get the K-tuned ones in.

Also got this in. Having it mocked up to see how it'll look.

And then actually mounted.

It's actually larger than what I imagined. But I'll see how I like it in a few days/weeks to come.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #125
Unreal, I just grabbed some mugen covers, and I'm positive they're fakes but whatever.. and I also have a rear window visor in my ebay cart I'm mulling over.

Spoons look good on the white!

Yeah. I ordered em and then saw the K-tuned covers. Asked my buddy if he wanted em and he said yeah so just gonna give them to him. lol The rear visor. eh. I'll see how I like it. lol

I actually have a few more coming in. I almost bought some OEM Euro-R recaro's earlier today. Found a super super clean and mint set and priced not too high. But, wife said no.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #126
Excuse the dirtiness of the car. Haven't had time to wash it. Was planning on giving it a wash this weekend but the weather dropping down to super cold and possible snow, didn't wanna waste my time.

At the post office dropping off a package for my mom. Parked in the Cinema Cafe lot cause the entrance to the post office is a PITA.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Cool stuff.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Yeah. I ordered em and then saw the K-tuned covers. Asked my buddy if he wanted em and he said yeah so just gonna give them to him. lol The rear visor. eh. I'll see how I like it. lol

I actually have a few more coming in. I almost bought some OEM Euro-R recaro's earlier today. Found a super super clean and mint set and priced not too high. But, wife said no.
Damn the recaro's would have looked great. Bummer the wifey shot it down. I know how that goes, my GF has been on me for the same reason since we're also moving into a condo next month. :frown2:

Can't wait to see what else you have coming in.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Damn the recaro's would have looked great. Bummer the wifey shot it down. I know how that goes, my GF has been on me for the same reason since we're also moving into a condo next month. :frown2:

Can't wait to see what else you have coming in.

It's not anything special. lol just a bunch of K-tuned cosmetic goodies since mines an auto and don't care too much go fast stuff. I am getting a new header though.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #130
So, I've been working on this, this past weekend. I was originally going to buy some universal ones off eBay that would require cutting and some other stuff. Figured, I would try to make my own. Found the materials at Lowes and so far my total spent is around $40-45 or so. The ones on eBay are around $110+ so, pretty much half of what it costs. It's an 8ft piece that I have cut to match the A-spec side skirts. I also made cuts to where the lifting points are so when a jack is placed, it can do so at the correct place. Also made some holes so that I can screw it in using the existing side skirt mounting hardware. Specifically the 6 screws underneath that attach the side skirt to the car chassis. (You'll know if you look under the car) I also will use 3M double side tape towards the end for extra support.

It's white for right now but I will wrap the visible portion of it with CF wrap. Or, I might paint it once the weather gets warmer.

In the end, for half of what it costs and for it to mount correctly and securely, I've pleased. Have to do some more tweaking later.

·
Registered
907 Posts
What material did you use? The 3M CF wrap would look really good imo.. When you were mocking them up did you try having them stick out a little further? You've got a little more poke and could pull it off just fine.

mine for reference

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
What material did you use? The 3M CF wrap would look really good imo.. When you were mocking them up did you try having them stick out a little further? You've got a little more poke and could pull it off just fine.

mine for reference

I grabbed some PVC board. when I mocked it up, I didn't want it to stick too far out. Once I found a distance that I liked, i realized that underneath, i didn't want it to be just held on by double side tape. I also didn't want to screw into the side skirts so that's why I'm using the existing mounting points. Had to get longer screws but it'll prevent me from having to ruin the side skirts. I'll probably keep it the way I have. I just want it to be subtle and not too obnoxious.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I grabbed some PVC board. when I mocked it up, I didn't want it to stick too far out. Once I found a distance that I liked, i realized that underneath, i didn't want it to be just held on by double side tape. I also didn't want to screw into the side skirts so that's why I'm using the existing mounting points. Had to get longer screws but it'll prevent me from having to ruin the side skirts. I'll probably keep it the way I have. I just want it to be subtle and not too obnoxious.
They look good for hardly any scratch too. Now maybe the wife will let you get those recaros.. since you're being so resourceful and all..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #134
They look good for hardly any scratch too. Now maybe the wife will let you get those recaros.. since you're being so resourceful and all..

eh. that'll be a big negative. lol She said I can't get anything huge (meaning size and price wise) until we move down south where there's no snow. So my new coils and seats will have to wait, which I'm perfectly fine with.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #137
Been dealing with a small leak with the header that I ordered. Believe it's either the slip joints on the header (where the 2 pieces meet) or the donut gasket. I've ruled out the test pipe since I got it welded.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Thanks for continuing to update this thread. Even though there isnt much forum traffic I really enjoy seeing what people are doing. Good stuff!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #139
Thanks for continuing to update this thread. Even though there isnt much forum traffic I really enjoy seeing what people are doing. Good stuff!
yeah, it's been kinda dead but figured I'd keep track of things I do.

Ordered a Vibrant donut gasket to hopefully fix the leak issue. I think.

121 - 140 of 174 Posts