Acura TSX Forum banner

141 - 160 of 174 Posts

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
Did a cruise with a couple of buddies. One of them is a photographer so decided to do a shoot at 1 am. lol

·
Registered
569 Posts
Ah so your the one that scooped it up from FB lol nice pick up man. By the time I saw it there was way too much interest in it to even bother contacting the seller.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
Yep. Been looking for one for awhile. Bought a J's racing one but once this one popped up, had to pick it up. Much rather have 2 solid one piece bars vice the J's racing one.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #146
Well, guess photobucket wants to suck and no pictures work. lol

But, I did pick up some Euro-R CL7 seats. Only the fronts since no one ever sides in the back. They were in pretty good condition and price was pretty cheap. Came with rails.

Made a different thread on how I got the SRS light to go away if anyone else is interested.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Whats a decent price on those seats? I really dislike the factory seats.
Looking forward to pics!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #148
I paid $800 for them picked up at a JDM shop in Jacksonville. I was on my way back up from visiting family and it was right there off the intestate so stopped and scooped them up. But I've seen some super super mint clean ones go for around $1500+ (including the rears) and some around $1100 for just the fronts. Some don't even come with the rails.

·
Registered
115 Posts
How is the seating position vs the stock seats? Are they direct bolt in? Use the rails for the Recaros or rails from the OEM seats?

I knew someone with an older GSR that had RSX seats in it, looked great but the seating position was ruined.

I dont see any photos, can you enable an option in photobucket? I've been using imagur the last couple of years and its been ok.

$800 isn't bad, if I could snag a set in person (no shipping and to verify nothing was jacked up) I'd gladly at that price.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
How is the seating position vs the stock seats? Are they direct bolt in? Use the rails for the Recaros or rails from the OEM seats?

I knew someone with an older GSR that had RSX seats in it, looked great but the seating position was ruined.

I dont see any photos, can you enable an option in photobucket? I've been using imagur the last couple of years and its been ok.

$800 isn't bad, if I could snag a set in person (no shipping and to verify nothing was jacked up) I'd gladly at that price.

Yeah I'm re-trying. It worked earlier but I guess it stopped. But it should be up there I think.

The seat position is probably in the middle I'd say. And by that i mean the height wise when you adjust it. It's a little higher than what I set mine too but it's not too bad.

They are direct bolt in if you use the Cl7 rails that come with the seats. I can't speak on any other rails.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Cool, thanks for all the info.
Definitely up there on my want list. I'm not a fan of leather seats or seats with weak ass bolsters. I go from cloth Recaros in one car to slippery leather fat man seats in the other and it's disappointing.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
Yeah. These huge me pretty well. so far they're comfortable but I haven't rode in them for like, a long drive. The leather's were just ripping after awhile so figured, why not. And the way I have it hooked up, I know I can get a pretty good set of stock leather's + cash for these since I have it to where you won't have the SRS light. If I ever decide to sell/go back to stock. lol

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #154
Well, guess I should update this thread. Kind of forgot where I left off. I know the most recent thing I had posted in here were the Recaro seats, which I still have and no SRS light. But, just figured I'd update this.

Lets see...Well, I'll just go down the line in no particular order. I've done the 06-08 cluster swap. Wasn't too much of a PITA. Personally, I think it looks better.

Also threw these footwell LED's on. I have them wired with the dome lights so when the car is unlocked and door is open, they come on. When the door is closed and car is locked, it will dim out like the dome lights.

Also managed to score some OEM Carbon Fiber Trim pieces that are LHD!!! Install was plug n play for the window trim switches. The shift and cup holder trim pieces needed some modification for it to fit. Mainly, a new center console. It will not fit 100% with the USDM TSX console. There's a slight gap but it doesn't bother me. I'm going to try and figure something out. Also threw on the Maven shift knob. I have an auto lol I don't drive it like a manual. **The cluster was the cheapest one I found. It was literally $75 cheaper than the next lowest.

**Don't mind the missing cup holder. I have another LHD e brake trim w/ cup holder on the way.

I have a few other goodies coming in as well. I have matching rear recaro's coming so I will be able to upload those once installed. Also have 06+ JDM tails with 06+ OEM tails. Will be upgrading to LED brake bulbs as well.

Will be doing a 06+ front conversion and 06+ euro lip. Once I figure out where I'm going to source and once I find a painter.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #156
Finished up a project today as well as upgrading my low beams to OSRAM 5500K lights to match my LED fogs. The rest of the bulbs are for my brake light and for my rear turn signals. My 06-08 OEM Euro tails have arrived in mint condition so I will be installing those as well.

The radio was a PITA. It's worth it to me because I didn't want to shell out money to get it re-wired and I'm not too electical savy. And it looks wayyyy better than the ugly metra kit climate control. Everything works as it should. The climate control works and the screen shows the speed, temp, etc. The only issue I have left to figure out is the illumination light to come on when the lights are turned on. I believe I have found the correct wiring for it but it doesn't bother me too much right now as I am trying to enjoy my radio. But I should probably tear in to it again this weekend and hopefully it will all work.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
Well, recently did some things and got some items in.

Got in my Samco Radiator Hose Kit with matching Clamp Kit. Also got in some Hybrid Racing Goodies. Spark Plug Cover, Oil Cap, Dip Stick, Radiator Cap, and Reservior Covers.

I ordered some LEDs to see what I could swap out in the car. I was able to swap out the Moon Roof and VSA buttons. The fog light switch, since it's ebay, has it soldered onto the board and it's a different type of bulb.

And additionally, I was able to figure out the wiring to get the climate control buttons to light up. It was dark when I was driving so it kinda bugged me but I was able to get it powered on. Don't mind the one super bright light. I was testing out if an LED would work. It does, but only like, 1 out of the 6-7 bulbs works without a resistor. So I'm currently in the process of figuring out what size resistors to run LEDs for the rest of them.

Also got this in. I've been looking for the carbing rear floor brace for along time and since I doubt I will ever be able to find it or know anyone that will sell one, I made this one fit.

Not 100% perfect fit; had to fab up a mini bracket which may defeat the purpose, but I wouldn't have been able to feel any chassis different anyway, because I have almost every other chassis bracing.

And lastly, I found these. Brand new, in box. They are for sale BTW.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
My newest pick up. OEM sunshades. 4 pieces, 2 for the rear passengers and 2 for the rear windshield. Brand new, in box. Even comes in it's own bag.

141 - 160 of 174 Posts