Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

It’s a bit mind-boggling to us how someone can buy a car and not know whether or not its front-wheel-drive or rear-wheel-drive. Well, according to BMW, 80 percent of BMW 1-Series owners believe that they are driving a front-wheel-drive car.

Yes, we are not kidding and that means only 20 percent of BMW 1-Series owners actually know what their car is worth.

BMW CEO Norbert Reithofer shared the statistic during a call with analysts following the release of the company’s 2009 financial results last week.

Either way, we’re guessing BMW’s recent announcement of offering entry-level front-wheel-drive vehicles shouldn’t cause to much of a dilemma amongst some of its customers – enthusiasts on the other hand may be a bit annoyed.

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Badge

I am not the least bit surprised ... I have long suspected that the majority of buyers, even luxury, do not care if the car is FWD or RWD. Enthusiasts make up a very small percentage of sales & those who just want the BMW badge or what not make up the majority.

This is why Acura is so reluctant to make a RWD vehicle (other than the NSX) ... I see their point but I still wish that they would @ least make one for variety reasons.

·
Registered
585 Posts
...it's a 1-Series. Like TSX69 said, most of these buyers are in it for the name. It's almost as bad as buying a Smart Car and saying you have a rear-engined Mercedes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts