Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
People are using 87 octane and no one's really announced any troubles. Though the car can run on 87 it will have worse fuel economy and you'll be down on power. Remember the TSX has a high compression motor just like the S2000 (although not as high a compression). It's more important to put 91 in the S2000 but I just wouldn't recommend putting 87 in a TSX.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Tx for the input.
the TSX would be for the wife. Daily 10 miles of street commuting.
Me, S less, would be driving her '07 Accord.
K24's need 91. Bummer. I see the same for the ILX as well.
Tx again.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
yeah, due to the high compression motor, we need 91. for the 09-10, there were reported knocking problems from people using 87, so i'd stay away.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Many owners of 09 tsx's complained of pinging problems even when using 91 octane or higher. I Personally have used regular gas on my 06 tsx with no problems. Excellent gas mileage with more than enough power for the driving I do. 140,000+problem free miles on a 5 1/2 year old car. Still with the original brakes. Will be replacing 2nd set of tires That have almost 70,000 miles on them.

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts

·
Live life supercharged!
598 Posts

·
Premium Member
196 Posts
lol

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.