Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Save a Honda, Ride a TSX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After being out of work for a week with the flu, and not being able to drive my TSX I woke up Thursday morning and pulled out of my street to go to work........this is what happened :bawling: Some jerk rear ended me and hurt my baby with only 721 miles on it.....I am soooooooooo suing his butt!!!!!!!!! I have only had it a little over 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Overworked Microsoft Peon
13,780 Posts
:(

That's terrible!

If it's just scratches, those should be relatively easy to fix. His insurance is covering it right?

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
2005ACKCHICK said:
After being out of work for a week with the flu, and not being able to drive my TSX I woke up Thursday morning and pulled out of my street to go to work........this is what happened :bawling: Some jerk rear ended me and hurt my baby with only 721 miles on it.....I am soooooooooo suing his butt!!!!!!!!! I have only had it a little over 30 days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry that happend to you, but unless you lost a limb or two, I dont see why you feel the need to sue someone over a fender bender.

Yea, its a new car, I'd be pissed too but when its fixed it will look as good as new.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Vancouver
9,175 Posts
I know how you feel too gurl~...... I had my car for 2 weeks......and I had an accident.....HAHHA..... but it was my fault....><"

Today, the same thing ALMOST happened to me too as well.... but i honk that bastard in time to stop him......or else he would've reared end into me!!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Sorry to hear about your TSX 2005ACKCHICK :(
But at least you weren't hurt, and the car can be fixed as good as new :thumbsup:

·
Registered
98 Posts
That sucks. The good news is that it looks like the damage will be easy to fix; a new bumper cover and some paint and your car will be as good as new.

Look on the bright side, at least he has to pay for it. A rock cracked my windshield on I95 yesterday; I'm on the hook for a new windshield with only 800 miles.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Another good thing is that you really don't have to worry about paint matching. With SSM, at least if yours is anything like mine, all the body panels and bumpers can look different shades depending on the way light is reflecting off them, and the bumpers never match :D......

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
ouch sorry your new baby got hit.
Looks like a bad scratch.
You should shoot for getting a NEW bumper not just repair (bumper repaint = $480 btw), the rear underspoiler looks like should be repainted just fine.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ouch!! Sorry to hear..and see :(

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
ouch

·
Registered
27 Posts
sorry about your car... but better that the car is hurt and not you. doesn't look too difficult to repair. are you really going to sue this person??

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
wow, sorry about what happened to your TSX. Its sad to see that.:(

·
Save a Honda, Ride a TSX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I just left the auto body, which mind you they cant take the car for another 2 weeks, so busy becuase the blizzard we had here, but anyways they told me its not just a little scratch.......the bumper is not in place so they will have to replace that, the under spoil kit piece, the rim, the tire, and there is a little bit of under body damage as far as the tire and exaust. Also i had noticed that the breaks were skipping a bit so they may replace all of that stuff to the left rear....approximate total he quoted $7,000!!!!!!

I also want to say that I am very sorry if I offended anyone by saying i was going to sue the crap out of that guy and for those who thought i did not get hurt......I have 2 cracked ribs, bruises on my whole left side, bumps and bruises on my chin, and muscle spasms from my left elbow, to my kneck to where my kidney is on my left side. I am going to be out of work for a little bit so I was advised to get a lawyer. I havent officially got one yet cause i havent spoken to his insurance company yet but if they give me any crap, I am going to have to. Trust me I really dont want to, it is a massive pain in the rear, but I have to cover my butt too ya know???

·
13,780 Posts
Whooooa...

How hard did that guy hit you????? Did your airbag go off?

Definitely get hooked up with your insurance company and they should be able to get something in the legal area started.

And take it easy for a while - sounds like the seat belt really did a number on you!

·
Save a Honda, Ride a TSX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Revenent said:
Whooooa...

How hard did that guy hit you????? Did your airbag go off?

Definitely get hooked up with your insurance company and they should be able to get something in the legal area started.

And take it easy for a while - sounds like the seat belt really did a number on you!
The guy told me he was doing 25 when he started to swerve, and that's "his" guesstimate, so I really dont know. The air bags did not go off, and I dont believe they do unless there is side or front impact, but then again I could be wrong? And YES seatbelts are great and I always wear one but they do a number on you!!!!

·
13,780 Posts
Wow. :(

I've been hit at around 30 mph and I didn't sustain that kind of bodily damage.

Time to really sic those insurance people on him.

And yeah, I won't even let the parking brake go until everybody's got their seatbelts on.

·
Save a Honda, Ride a TSX
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I honestly think it was they way he hit me and also I saw it coming when I heard the screetching and I tensed up and really did not have time to prepare for it, remember I was just sitting at a red light and it just happened so quick.....

·
13,780 Posts
2005ACKCHICK said:
I honestly think it was they way he hit me and also I saw it coming when I heard the screetching and I tensed up and really did not have time to prepare for it, remember I was just sitting at a red light and it just happened so quick.....
Ahhh - yeah - tensing up makes the injuries worse. Too bad it's a damn natural reflex for most people.

Well, good luck on everything. And get well soon! Post pics when you get the whole thing resolved - both of you and the car!

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
good luck. I agree with rev, however, if the insurance company does not get on the ball, do get an attorney, my wife had an accident (not her fault) and his insurance company said it would be 3 months to get her car fixed... she found attorney and got it fixed in a week... also got money out of it to pay her dr fees (messed up her back)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts