Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I bought 04 Acura TSX and I bought it knowing I would have to change out the A/C compressor because the clutch never released. I bought a new compressor and switched it out, it worked for about a week perfectly fine cold air no problems.. Then just yesterday whenever I turn the A/C on I hear this loud clicking noise I suspect that the clutch is probably not releasing and the belt is unable to turn making the engine work harder to turn the clutch. I was wondering if anyone has had this problem or has maybe a solution or even something I could try to fix this? I just want to make sure it is the clutch failing so I can send the compressor back and get it exchanged.

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
When I bought the car I was sure it was the clutch but unfortunately I couldn't find just the clutch so I bought the whole A/C compressor. I bought it online from Autozone but I did not check before i changed it and refilled with refrigerant.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.