Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, My name is Hue and I am new to the forum. I'm getting a 2005 Acura TSX in late July. I'm very excited and is going to try my best to take care of this car.

Q1: Gas prices are going up but lets just say I don't have that much money, could I pump regular instead of premium?

Q2: How can I make sure myself to take care of this car?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
Q1 is stupid.

If you can't afford the gas, then don't buy the car.

Try using this forum's search function before asking stuff as 90% of all new questions have been discussed already.

·
Registered
2,810 Posts
there are people pumping regular, there are people pumping midgrade, there are ppl pumping premium. really up to you, if you are going to take care of the car, why not just follow the owner's manual instruction

to make sure yourself to takecare of the car. read the owners manual.

·
n/a
8,573 Posts
Question 1: pumping regular is fine but WILL retard your engine thus decreasing the mpg and won't be very cost effective. Pumping premium will keep your engine running fine and in the end will probably cost the same if you pump regular.

Question 2: i believe heeltoe has some guides to taking care of your car but your manual will give you the specifics. You can even google it if you want lol

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Pump premium for sure, especially if you rev high. In terms of maintenance consult your owners manual or as stated search up some threads.

·
Let me...help you!
1,335 Posts
There are many threads regarding question 1. Basically if you use regular gas, your mpg will drop 1-2 mpg causing you to spend MORE to go the same distance. The only time regular fuel will save you money is if you drive mostly highway miles (with hardly any traffic).

As for question 2, you just need to look at maintenance schedules and then do searches for DIY guides. As long as you change your oil regularly, your car should last a long time since it has Honda reliability.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts