Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any problems w/ rubbing after adding some 18" shoes (that didn't require fender rolling to begin with)?

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:grinno: I know...

I'm just trying to get a feel for what the suspension is like on the A-Spec compared to... say... H&R, Tein, or Eibach...

I had Eibach's on my last ride... and had 18's that fit fine when just driving around --- put some people in the back seat and go over a bump, I had a little rub there... From everything I've read about the A-Spec suspension on this board, it doesn't seem like that'll be a problem. I guess I'm just asking for reassurance?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
The A-Spec setup is a little firmer than stock, and doesn't lower it that much. It's also a linear spring. When you put a lot of weight on it, it compresses, but the stiffer rate keeps it from compressing as much as stock. As long as you don't run larger than stock tires or a crazy offset, you wouldn't rub with passengers.

The Eibachs are progressive, they lower the car more, and they're really not all that stiff. So, when you put a lot of weight on it, the soft progressive coils allow the car to compress more than a linear spring, and that fact, along with the fact the the car is lower to begin with, could cause rubbing.

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Lanny,

Thanks for the info man... much appreciated --- THAT'S the kind of answer I was looking for, as opposed to some smart-ass remark. I didn't know that the springs on the A-Spec suspension were linear; I thought they were progressive, and that's why I was uncertain of any potential rubbing issues... even on stock shoes. Cheers.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts