Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Despite the advice of getting one mod at a time done, yesterday the a-spec coil-overs and the rear-sway both went in (along with an icebox too). Now coming from me will be no technical reports, but just end-user observations from a noob to car mods.

And yes before and after pics will be coming.

Overall opinion on suspension: as has been reported before, virtually no downside to ride quality. The vehicle seems to "track" better on turns, definitely a "tighter" ride with less roll on turns and less pitch when braking. As expected, it dropped about 1 inch from stock.

Many thanks to all who post here cause I am extremely happy with my selections and this forum was indispensable in making decisions that were right for my circumstances (actually, this forum was probably the cause of the upgrades!)

Now about this Hondata flash...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
I'm glad you're happy with, it's a great package. Can't wait to see pics. With spring coming to the East Coast, I'm sure they'll be a lot more coming from our side of the country.....

Hondata......great mod, not just for the overall gain, but for the drivability aspect too.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
seanygreen said:
where on li are you from? Im on li too.
Nassau. Work in Westbury area and live by Fr Sq. Bought from Island Acura (certified used) in Wantagh - pretty good experience.

Wife is driving first time since upgrades right now. She knows in general that work was done but not the specifics. But I honestly don't think she would have noticed anything at all if I hadn't told her. They are all fairly subtle mods..

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Pics are definitely not the best as far as comparing before and after. The sun/shadows and angles make it difficult to see the slight drop. But there is a drop in both front and rear, though the rear is more easily noticeable. (my pics on the front made me questions whether I switched the order of the images, but they are the correct ones as named. just a bad photographer....)

Will these settle more in the next month?

Anyway, while I'm happy with a very small drop from stock, if the look of a drop is important then the a-spec is probably not the right choice for u...

Will repost pics correctly soon!!!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
3 things

1st: Pics no worky..

2ndly: Sean, Long Island here too, same w/ a bunch of other people, were gonna try for a meet this summer

3rd: Congrats LI, knew u were debating on what to get for a while, and sounds like u made some good choices, still yet to hear anything bad about the Aspec Suspension package, just wish I could afford it lol, Well anyway, Congrats, and looking foward to seeing the car, whenever this meet does occur

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
LI_NY_1 said:
Pics are definitely not the best as far as comparing before and after. The sun/shadows and angles make it difficult to see the slight drop. But there is a drop in both front and rear, though the rear is more easily noticeable. (my pics on the front made me questions whether I switched the order of the images, but they are the correct ones as named. just a bad photographer....)

Will these settle more in the next month?

Anyway, while I'm happy with a very small drop from stock, if the look of a drop is important then the a-spec is probably not the right choice for u...
The pics don't show up for me either. You can't hotlink to Imagestation pics; use Imageshack instead.

I was going to put them up, but when I opened them, I realized that they are mislabeled-the one labeled "Front-Stock" is the right rear, and one labeled "Rear Wheel Well-Stock" is the right front. Not sure about the A-Spec labeled ones; the front and rear are correct, but are you sure the front is with A-Spec? It doesn't look any lower than stock. It should come down about 1". I had a really tight 3 finger gap-about 2" between the tire and the fender. In the back it was around 1.5".

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I knew something was wrong with the pics but after I sized, edited, uploaded and finally posted them here, thought I was just seeing things wrong!
I'm such an a - s - s! lol. geez, must be this lack of sleep.

anyway, I'll repost to get pics working and labeled correctly.

and fwiw, i still am thrilled with my car with these mods!!!

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rushy to posty often mean make mistakey.

anyway here is another try for the time being. I'll re-shoot to get the same side and hopefully closer to the perspective/angle of the stock shot.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
geez those pics don't tell much do they... sry... oh well.

Anyway, after a-spec install and waiting a few weeks I took it to Acura dealer for alignment. Question I have is as follows:

Left Rear camber ACTUAL is -1.7 and right rear camber is -2.3.

I know spec is between -.5 and -1.5. With the a-spec I know from LannyM's posts that I would be slightly out of spec.
But shouldn't the rear actual camber be closer to equal, such as -2.0 and -2.0?

Service rep at Acura said it was nothing to worrry about, that it would not be noticeable as far as tire wear, and that I just should expect it since the a-spec susp. was installed.

It's one thing to be out of spec but shouldn't it be equal on both sides????

I have to bring it back for the driver seat moving problem anyway so any guidance very much appreciated!!!

Is this a material concern or should I just let it go?????

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
nah they should be aligned still, you can at least even em out... If acura wont do it theres a guy in Huntington Station, Joe-Dan Automotive, Dannys a Great guy, one of the best on the Island, cept its gonna set ya back 100$

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
A-spec + comptech rear sway here also, except I did mine separately. A-spec suspension made the car handle better in cornering with less body roll, however IMO, the sway bar made the biggest difference. With the addition of the rear sway bar, I no longer notice the factory understeer. Cornering is now crisp, flat and predictable, keep in mind I'm still on the crappy stock michelin tires.

·
Registered
180 Posts
LI_NY_1 said:
geez those pics don't tell much do they... sry... oh well.

Anyway, after a-spec install and waiting a few weeks I took it to Acura dealer for alignment. Question I have is as follows:

Left Rear camber ACTUAL is -1.7 and right rear camber is -2.3.

I know spec is between -.5 and -1.5. With the a-spec I know from LannyM's posts that I would be slightly out of spec.
But shouldn't the rear actual camber be closer to equal, such as -2.0 and -2.0?

Service rep at Acura said it was nothing to worrry about, that it would not be noticeable as far as tire wear, and that I just should expect it since the a-spec susp. was installed.

It's one thing to be out of spec but shouldn't it be equal on both sides????
Yes. They should be equal on both sides. THe service rep at Acura is a retard. The problem is, despite selling a factory A-spec suspension kit which pretty much puts ALL TSXs out of factory specifications, the camber on the TSX cannot be adjusted! To make matters worse, you have a similar situation as I do - the rt side camber is worse than the left. Acura knows about this issue as it has existed since the 2004 model. To this date, still no fix.

There are 2 things that can be done:

1) Band-aid fix - have Acura adjust the rear carriage to even out the left and rt side camber. This will leave you -2.0 degrees camber left and right. This is still outside of the -1.5 degree max, but at least the left and rt side are equal.

2) Aftermarket solution - buy an Ingalls rear camber kit for about $140 shipped. With these installed, you can have the rear camber and toe set to exact factory specs or exact personal preference. This is the best current solution, though it is not endorse by Acura as you are using an aftermarket camber kit. Still, it's the ONLY solution that will actually fix the problem since Acura STILL has not come up with a fix themselves.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks all.

They are replacing my front driver seat rails since I have the mysterious moving seat problem, so when I'm back I'll also ask them about at least evening out the rear to equal "out of spec" on each side.

I might leave it for a while and see if/how the tire wear is affected and keep an eye on it. Then perhaps add the Ingalls kit before getting new rubber.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts