Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my stock '04 TSX with ~100k miles on it was ready for some sprucing up and I decided to start with A-Spec Suspension and Progress RSB. Im not a big mod person, just looking to get some more life out of a car that's paid for. I ordered the parts online and brought them down to the shop that I use.

Interestingly my shop called to tell me that the car was ready but the kit did not turn out well and the handled "sloppy" but to come pick it up and test it for myself. I was freaking out thinking I had made a big mistake but went down anyways to see how bad things were. After driving it, I absolutely love how the A-Spec handles and feels. IMHO, very smooth ride, great handling and a wee bit lower. I had my buddy drive it too and he agreed that it felt great. Kind of a head scratcher but wheeew!

I also added the Grom USB/BT/XM adapter and that thing is money. Next is window tint and on to the usual list of mods.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
:worthlesss

...but yes, the progress RSB is amazing. I hope they put it on its stiffest setting. Why did they say the handling was sloppy? Were they just trolling you or something?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
:worthlesss

...but yes, the progress RSB is amazing. I hope they put it on its stiffest setting. Why did they say the handling was sloppy? Were they just trolling you or something?
Pic added. Dont think they were trolling just had never installed the A-Spec before and expected more extreme drop and sport feel I think.

·
四世
1,767 Posts
That's a very modest drop. Definitely looks better though. I also just got the Grom unit and I love it. I especially love how you can change the songs and volume using the steering wheel controls.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Nice, im thiking of something similar on a very similar tsx. How much is the a spec suspension?

·
Registered
69 Posts
any thoughts after a few weeks with the new setup? i'm getting new tires in a week or so and really want to do this too.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
any thoughts after a few weeks with the new setup? i'm getting new tires in a week or so and really want to do this too.
Its definitely smoother than stock and responsive. The RSB also helped with the cornering. Drop is minimal which is what I was after. I'm pleased overall.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts