Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How hard, or easy, is the installation of the A-Spec Suspension? I figure that I can probably do this on my own by jacking up the car, removing the wheels, unscrewing all the necessary bolts, removing the stock suspension, replacing it with the A-Spec, screwing the bolts back on, and finally putting the wheels back on. Is this pretty much the procedure in a nut-shell? Thanks.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yup. They come as complete pre-assembled units so there is no need to use spring compressors or anything like that. It is pretty much plug and play as a suspension installation can be.

However, you will need to get an alignment afterwards and some people choose to get a rear camber kit as well.

·
TSX Sold! Hello STi!
595 Posts
I'm planning on installing the A-Spec suspension myself too...

Does anyone know what the "factory" suggested alignment specs are after installation? Am I supposed to revert back to the original alignment specs? If so, does anyone have those?

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
You use factory alignment specs, but with the a-spec drop the rear camber will fall slightly out of spec. If you're anal about that type of thing you can install a rear camber kit. I believe comptech, ingalls and spc make camber kits for the tsx.

With my a-spec drop (no camber kit), the fronts are good, drive-side rear is right at the threshold (-1.5, i think?) and the passenger-rear is -.02 out of spec.

I did the install myself with help from a buddy and it took about 2 1/2 hours.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
Euro.R said:
You use factory alignment specs, but with the a-spec drop the rear camber will fall slightly out of spec. If you're anal about that type of thing you can install a rear camber kit. I believe comptech, ingalls and spc make camber kits for the tsx.

With my a-spec drop (no camber kit), the fronts are good, drive-side rear is right at the threshold (-1.5, i think?) and the passenger-rear is -.02 out of spec.

I did the install myself with help from a buddy and it took about 2 1/2 hours.
Those are good numbers for A-Spec and no camber kit. I was at around -1.7/1.8.

G

·
Lanny, if you get close to 2 degrees of negative camber in the rear and use stock alignment settings for the front, you will probably increase understeer from my experience. Without the rear camber kit, do you know what the optimum alignment settings should be with the a-spec kit and no rear camber kit?

What are the factory specs? They are usually set up to understeer anyway.

IB

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,514 Posts
nachob said:
Lanny, if you get close to 2 degrees of negative camber in the rear and use stock alignment settings for the front, you will probably increase understeer from my experience. Without the rear camber kit, do you know what the optimum alignment settings should be with the a-spec kit and no rear camber kit?

What are the factory specs? They are usually set up to understeer anyway.

IB
When I put the A-Spec suspension on last year, I found that while my negative camber increased a little in the rear, overall understeer was slightly reduced, probably owing to the decreased body roll. But as a general rule, I agree with you-if you did nothing but add negative rear camber you'd have increased understeer.

Since neither the front or rear is adjustable from the factory, and since the front does not change with a drop, any drop will create those type of settings.

Front camber is -.8 to .8; rear is -1.5 to -.5.

I dropped 2+" now with FLEX and I'm still like -.7 front; for the rear I'm -1.0 with the Ingalls kit and a Comptech 22mm sway......

No understeer for me :D.........

·
Hondatafied
134 Posts
Just to clarify, driver rear is -1.5, passenger rear is -1.7 (-0.02 out of spec). The addition of the Comptech rear sway is a must have for all tsx's as understeer is eliminated!

·
Registered
5 Posts
A-Spec Suspension

What is the average cost of this suspension?
Where can i buy it besides ebay?

In regards to the alignment is it possible to take it to Discount Tires or something like that and have them do an alignment?

Thanks, sorry if these are noob questions.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts