Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the A-spec suspension for my '06 AT. When I am looking at the set-up I notice there is an AT and MT version both have different part numbers. I found the MT version for a few hundred cheaper than the AT. Does anyone know what the difference is? Could i use the MT set-up on my AT car? I just use it for daily driving.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
If I remember right, MT cars aren't as heavy as AT, so the suspension takes that into account. Putting a AT a-spec on a MT and vice versa shouldn't be a problem.

·
Registered
379 Posts
Don't worry about the difference if you have an auto TSX. I have the auto TSX with manual version of the A-spec suspension and it rides fine. I have had it for over a year already.

The ride is a bit firm though with a RSB, so I might consider switching to coilovers (F&F HT-spec maybe?) to allow me to adjust dampening.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome, thanks guys! Yea, the only thing I could think was was the difference in weight, but i cant imangine the AT being that much heavier. I just bought the set-up brand new for $320.00 shipped!!

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This guy on ebay, his id is hpcimportsalvage. I cant wait to get it... so excited!! Now, just need to get a trunk lip and 18's...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks.
Do update us after you've received the parts and have it installed.
Will do. Ill get some before and after pics as well. I assume ill prob have it by mid next week and hopefully installed that weekend!

·
Registered
379 Posts
A-spec suspension isn't low enough!!!!
haha... Not everyone can ride as low as you Mike, but I'd have to agree the front of the A-spec suspension isn't low enough. I might consider switching to HT-spec or just get some Koni struts to lower it 20mm using perches and call it a day. I still need to drive this in the snow during winter.

·
Registered
83 Posts
can somebody post a pic of tsx with a-spec suspension?

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
The suspension came on wed. So far so good, everything appears to be legit. I am doing the install on sat. Ill take some pics and post them up. Cant wait!!!

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
can somebody post a pic of tsx with a-spec suspension?
The TSX in this video is dropped on Aspec suspension, mind you it has the 18" Aspec rims which means the wheel gap would be even bigger with the regular 17s.

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/vuuySZw-z_c" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A-spec iss on! I love the stance! Def not as low as other members rides, but I think its a real classy look. Plus i live in Wisco and its a daily driver, so cant go too low. Pics to come soon. It was raining and shitty out so the car as all dirty...

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yea I know. Looking to get some black/gunmetal 18's. not sure what though... Any ideas?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts